Returning a faulty 360 to Amazon

monkeyonamoped

Standard Member
Reaction score
I've got an old-style xbox arcade, which has stopped reading discs just within it's 12 month guarantee. When I've gone on to Amazon to try to arrange a return it states that I should contact the manufacturer, which I don't think I should have to do.
Does anyone have any advice over how I could proceed & or personal experience?

Need to get in touch with microsoft go to xbox web site for more Info amazon won't touch it now.

Legally, Amazon are still responsible for your purchase if it goes faulty. However, as every retailer seems to do, they will make it as hard as possible to grant you this return, but a bit of knowledge of the law and persistence should see you through if you choose to go this route.

Consumer Direct will inform you as to the best way to go about it.

I found the customer service link on Amazon &, surprisingly enough, as the old form-factor xbox is no longer available they've given me the option of contacting Microsoft or returning it for a refund.
I've booked the collection for tomorrow, so hopefully a refund will be on it's way soon. The only issue I might have is the fact that it was purchased as part of a bundle & I no longer own everything that was purchased at the time, so I'm just sending back the console, pad, leads,etc. I'll post the result when it's resolved.

I have always found amazon to be good with returns.

Unlike Sainsbury who tried to make me return to manufacturer and only when I asked for the manager and insisted that they follow their SOGA obligations did they grudgingly accept a return at the store. I still don't trust them with electrical purchases for this reason.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom