1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Returned Amazon rental DVDs going missing

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD discs' started by Daddy, Oct 13, 2005.

1. Daddy

Daddy
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Hi,

Apologies if this isn't the best forum to post but has anyone else had problems with rental DVDs going "missing" in the post ? I recently joined the Amazon rental scheme and so far 2 out of 3 DVDs I have been sent showed as not received on the Amazon site a week after I posted them back. I have marked them as "returned the DVD more than four days ago but Amazon hasn't received it" but I fear if things carry on I may get blacklisted through no fault of my own !

They are immediately recognisable as Amazon DVDs from their packaging which makes them easy prey on their journey through our wonderful postal system...

2. BIGRED

BIGRED

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +35
    you are not alone , the same thing has happened to me with blockbuster online rentals . sent one back last wed and it has still not been recieved back by them, they say to allow 10 days but i assume that its lost , they never take that long ......... i assume that its fairly common for these to go missing in the post , there must be thousands go back and forward each day ........ i am waiting till the 10 days are up to fill in a missing in the post form but the annoying thing is that it means i don't get any replacement for a couple of weeks doh :mad:

3. figoagogo

figoagogo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +584
    I rent 4 dvds a month with AMAZON, been doing it for well over 6months, so far nothing is missing and I think it is a great value service. But you obviously cant help it if post goes missing!!! What is their policy for missing DVDs?

4. nwgarratt

nwgarratt
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,820
    I have rented 6 DVD's per month for three months now. They are all delivered and returned within 24 hours after posting.

I agree that their packaging is a bit on the stupid side and will attract DVD stealers.

5. pmc

pmc

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +109
    I have been having the same problem with Screenselect. They have now cancelled my account. Personally I think it's a way for them to get rid of high maintenance customers.

6. Daddy

Daddy
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Hmmm, sound like I've either been very unlucky or there are some light fingered individuals at my end of the postal chain !

So far Amazon have been cool about it. You can notify them after 4 days and they just clear off the DVD and move on to the next one in your list. However, I'm sure they keep an eye on such things so if it keeps happening I guess I'll be hearing from them....