Returnal

We're all fully aware of the pros and cons of buying digital games and the fact you can sell discs.
Why do folks constantly feel the need to preach the same old message? It's boring.
Sorry but it's getting monotonous now.
Maybe because you're buying into a restricted market model... The problem people have with buying digital is companies like amazon saying even if you've bought something from them you don't necessarily own it.if Sony decided not to have backward compatibility next gen all you paid for would be gone

Maybe because you're buying into a restricted market model... The problem people have with buying digital is companies like amazon saying even if you've bought something from them you don't necessarily own it.if Sony decided not to have backward compatibility next gen all you paid for would be gone
Yet I'm still aware of the fact and get tired of people constantly going on about 'I buy a new game and sell it in a week and it only cost me a tenner ' and the like.
People smoke and they know it is a stupid thing to do, digital might not be quite as stupid but it's what some folks want to do and others need to respect that imo.

Yet I'm still aware of the fact and get tired of people constantly going on about 'I buy a new game and sell it in a week and it only cost me a tenner ' and the like.
People smoke and they know it is a stupid thing to do, digital might not be quite as stupid but it's what some folks want to do and others need to respect that imo.
But buying digital is exactly what they want you to do, they want to remove the physical content and therefore put the entire market back in their hands

But buying digital is exactly what they want you to do, they want to remove the physical content and therefore put the entire market back in their hands
So what?
There's far more important things going on in our screwed up world.
I couldn't care less tbh.

I'm happy to go all digital. It's my choice - I don't feel mugged by Sony, and if BC stops working (which it won't), that's fine, as I keep my old hardware (or at least one revision of it). Still have the PS3 and both PS4 Pro'.
I'm over changing discs, waiting for the postman to deliver launch titles etc... far too lazy for all that stone-age behaviour that you physical media dinosaurs like to dabble in :p
I mean, changing discs, on a PS5...? I don't ruddy think so! Zoooom, zoooom... Pew pew... Zoooom, zoooom... You Died. That's what it's all about, surely?

I'm happy to go all digital. It's my choice - I don't feel mugged by Sony, and if BC stops working (which it won't), that's fine, as I keep my old hardware (or at least one revision of it). Still have the PS3 and both PS4 Pro'.
I'm over changing discs, waiting for the postman to deliver launch titles etc... far too lazy for all that stone-age behaviour that you physical media dinosaurs like to dabble in :p
I mean, changing discs, on a PS5...? I don't ruddy think so! Zoooom, zoooom... Pew pew... Zoooom, zoooom... You Died. That's what it's all about, surely?
Give me something physical any day :p

Release date 19th March 2021. There's been a few more dev posts on youtube etc as well, but not much more new info really.

Was hoping we might get a State of Play in the next few weeks. We have this and Destruction All Stars coming out shortly, would be good to see more gameplay.

A few snippets in these dev videos, also generally interesting for Housemarque info / games:

I think this will be a good game, but not £70 good. Can Housemarque step up to a AAA product? I think they will bring their quality to a new for them genre, but will it have the content, story and game time to match the price tag? I hope so, but can see it falling into the Godfall / Destruction All Stars trappings..

I'm not sure if any game is £70 good.

Going to wait until this goes on sale before I purchase. Looks ok but doesn’t grab me as a ‘must play’ game. Still got too much of a backlog to play through.

I like the look of the graphics but the enemy fire just looks way to arcady for a ps5 game

I’ll keep and eye on eBay for this, I do like the look of it but not paying £70

miles morales was £50 and while it sold a lot of units to provide more supply on eBay (lower price), you can pick it up for £22

Demons souls £70 going for £45

Last edited:
I like the look of the graphics but the enemy fire just looks way to arcady for a ps5 game
That enemy fire style is a Housemarque trait. It's meant to be that way.

That enemy fire style is a Housemarque trait. It's meant to be that way.

I realise that and on something like Resogun it looks and works really well but on this where the rest of the graphics so good it just brings me out of the game when you see the arcade stream of bullets heading towards you.

It reminds me of Vanquish, which I really enjoyed.

Wouldn't pay full price, and wouldnt pre-order either.

Meh... I'd rather it be great than littered with bugs. Interested in it, but not sure if it's one I'd get at launch.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom