Return tv because of banding? Do all LED have it?

jaxione

Hi!

Just got my 65 inch Samsung JU7005 as it is called in eu installed, in US it is called JU7100. Was worried to get clouding on my set but the tv is black as night. No bleeding or clouding att all. However it has some banding. 4 thin vertical bands that is visible when panning on light solid background. All led tvs I tried have had a bit of this. It bothers me but Im afraid that if I send it back I will get one with clouding aswell or clouding and no banding. As it is a 65 inch screen, returning it will not be easy and I wonder if it is worth returning it and gamble on a new set? Or is it likely that the new one will have the problem aswell?

Br J

arenaman

They all have banding, nothing you can do about it I'm afraid

jaxione

They all have banding, nothing you can do about it I'm afraid

Thx for your reply. Makes me feel better in some strange way. I have never seen banding of this type on a led. They are very thin. 1cm or so. The banding i have seen on other sets have showed wider bands than mine. Could this vary aswell?

jaxione

Tried to get in on picture but wasent easy but if you look carefullt you can see these thin bands where the arrows are pointing. If you move the picture from side to side it is easier to spot them. Is this banding? Even though they are so thin? Only 1cm wide or so. The horizontal bands are made by my camera. Is this normal banding?

Last edited:

luc1en

Novice Member
In a similar situation, I bought a 55" samsung TV just after new year. notice it had banding lines which was a new thing to me... After a bit of research I thought I could live with it, but i was wrong, left it too late to return to John Lewis so recently contacted Samsung who seem like they may replace the pannel. Its worth a shot if you are unhappy.

scottthehat

Distinguished Member
banding can very massively from set to set, some models just have it on all sets and some you can get with or without, in the last 4/5 months i have had 9 sets 4x sony and 4x samsung(all around the £3200) and everyone had banding, sony was worse, i decided to give a hisense a go and was very lucky and got one with one very very light band which is right on ouside of screen and 99% of time cant be seen and only thing it shows on is sport and you really have to look for it, My dad got the same tv and his is band free.

the thing with swapping sets is you could end up with a better panel but then you could end up worse off. All you can do is try.

Worth the chance in my opinion.

sirsimon501

In a similar situation, I bought a 55" samsung TV just after new year. notice it had banding lines which was a new thing to me... After a bit of research I thought I could live with it, but i was wrong, left it too late to return to John Lewis so recently contacted Samsung who seem like they may replace the pannel. Its worth a shot if you are unhappy.
Hi

Can I ask what was the outcome with Samsung?

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Philips TV Launch Event, Soundbar vs AVR, Samsung EzCAL and more...
Top Bottom