1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Return to Castle Wolfenstein (XBOX) Multiplayer

Discussion in 'Xbox Forums' started by Rich1978, Jul 14, 2003.

1. Rich1978

Rich1978
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    You may have noticed a pattern, since I asked the same question on Midtown Madness. I've just recently got access to 2 xboxes and am quite keen to see this system link option working.

Does anyone know the maximum number of players in RTCW multiplayer with 2 xboxes system linked?
    Will it be 8 players, like Halo (all hail Halo)?
    Or 2 players, like Midtown Madness 3 (boo, one player per xbox - stupid idea)?

Actually, while I'm here - same question for Timesplitters 2 (although I hear you can't have any bots when you system link).

Thanks

2. Bonesy

Bonesy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +28
    how many controllers do you have?

having an xbox party?

3. Rich1978

Rich1978
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Actually, I've only got six controllers at the moment, probably see if I can generate some interest from the guys at work before deciding whether I need anymore.
    Although it's pretty much an up hill struggle since they've all got PS2s - and whats worse they've never even tried to link them up.
    Is it really so much trouble to get a lead and move an extra TV in for an evening?
    In the end I came to the (possibly crazy) conclusion that if I wanted to see a system linked xbox game I'd have to do it myself - loads of people playing Halo simultaneously must be worth it.

4. Duncan Craig

Duncan Craig

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +17
    You can link 16 players in some X-Box modes I believe, so that should be possible for the great Halo.

Let us know how you get on, P.S. I'm in Leeds but I've got a long ethernet cable if you want to plug me in :)

5. matiano

matiano

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Me and some mates meet up once a month for an Xbox lan session ranging from 12-16 players.
    Our most played game is Halo, 2 teams 2 TVs per team (so other team cant see screen), no shields, human weapons, %200 healt CLF, warthogs on Sidewinder. YUMMY!
    As far as i know RTCW offers 4 ppl per xbox, although we have never tried this one linked up, it says 16 players on back of box though so thats promising.
    Trust me though with Halo at a lan party, no other game is necessary. We have had several sessions and still enjoy it as much as the first time.

6. Rich1978

Rich1978
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Well I've just tested RTCW (with only one copy of the game and one xbox) by connecting to a hub. Unfortunately, it's only one player per xbox. If you want 16 players playing over a system link you're going to need 16 xboxes - how unlikely is that?

Nevermind, Halo is still cool. I only hope Crimson Skies offers 4 player split screen for the system link multiplayer.