1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Return Policy by Manufacture for Pixel Failure

Discussion in 'LCD & LED LCD TVs' started by Glenagoolie, Aug 4, 2005.

1. Glenagoolie

Glenagoolie

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    Hi all,
    regards LCD's does anyone know do manufactures have a set pixel failure - replacement rate or does it vary from model to model. I'm interested in getting a 32" LCD but obviously don't want any pixel failure and webshops generally say that it's down to the manufactures guarantee. It's not a generally listed item on their specs

thanks
    Ronan

2. David Mackenzie

David Mackenzie
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,310
    It's always been manufacturer policy as far as I know, I don't think they make exceptions for different models. Maybe different screen sizes, though.

3. Rob1698

Rob1698

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    It probably depends on local law. Here in the Netherlands, the shop is always fully responsible for any quality problem. The shop decides whether they want to solve problems themselves or have the manufacturer solve things, but the customer is not involved in that.

However, that usually means that a definition of quality is part of the deal. So when your agreement is that you will have zero defects, you can get the unit repaired, but when you have made no special arrangements there will probably be fine print on the back of your invoice that says that some pixel defects are normal and are to be accepted.