1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Return of the TH-42PWD6

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs Forum' started by osbornepete, Aug 14, 2004.

1. osbornepete

osbornepete

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Dear All,

I've done my best to read and inwardly digest the numerous examples of advice regarding this plasma...... but, could you answer a few specifics in my situ;

I'm starting afresh, have nothing(!), gonna buy - the PWD6 (from Av-Sales unless better suggestions), a Humax PVR 8000t or Fusion 100 and a Sony Sb300.

:lease:

My rationale - cheap and well reviewed (except the unknown sb300), and they sort of match the charcoal theme!

1) Do I need both the scart board and a component board for best picture (scart 4 PVR, component 4 DVD)?

2) I presume I'll need digital optical between PVR and SB300, correct? Possible?

3) Are their any glaring problems or obvious improvements before I shell out £2.5k!!?

4) Many thanks!

:beer:

Pete

2. lapman22

lapman22

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hey Pete,

I find myself with the same situ as youreself and , as stated before was overwhelmed with the amount of data I had to digest on this forum. And I thought I new something about AV... :laugh:

As you probably read the PW6 is everyone's favorite here , although personally I'm aiming a bit higher (for the Pionner 50" 504).

About the PVR , I would go for the Humax one simply because it scored high on the What Video and WS TV I'm reading now. The digifusion lack the ability to plat rec in progress , has a noisy fan and doesn't have any digital audio out.

As for question #2 , I don't think the sb300 has any digital output at all.

Hope this helps.

Cheers,

Lapman.

3. hornydragon

hornydragon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Somewhere near the M4 most of the time......
    Ratings:
    +1,217
    i would reconmend you consider JS RGB>VGA converter instead of scart board, scart board is the week point of the panny! all you lose in Auto aspect switcher but is generall regarded as better PQ

4. osbornepete

osbornepete

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    thanx 4 the help guys!

5. hornydragon

hornydragon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Somewhere near the M4 most of the time......
    Ratings:
    +1,217
    analogue audio from Humax to Sony system will be fine mate

6. t0by

t0by

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    hornydragon, pls could you elaborate on your comment about the "JS RGB>VGA converter"? I'm just about to take the plunge with a PW6. Will go component for my DVD connection, but was going to go SCART to the Sky box. Sounds like this may not be the best plan...?

Thanks
    Toby