1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Return of the King Trailer? When?

Discussion in 'Movie Forum' started by Jonny1973, May 24, 2003.

1. Jonny1973

Jonny1973

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Has anyone heard when the Return of the King trailer will be released?

Ages ago I heard a rumour that there was no preview on the end of Two Towers during its cinema run but the trailer would be out in May.

The end of May approaches and no trailer.

2. Andy.T

Andy.T

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +73
    The latest word from PJ himself is May/June (so June then heh). Taken from AICN and Theonering.net...

"As far as I'm aware the first ROTK trailer will hit cinemas about May or June. We're not doing a ROTK trailer for the end of Two Towers like we did last year. The reason is that the TT extended DVD has been so complex this year, it would have taken too many resources away from trying to get that finished. The FOTR extended cut had 35 extra CG shots - the TT extended cut has over 150. Weta are plowing through those, plus starting ROTK. We have a huge TT extended cut sound mix in a few weeks. It's all very complex and we deemed an early ROTK trailer as simply too much to take on this time around."

There was a rumour it would be with Matrix Reloaded but they still dont have it wrapped up yet. You can be sure AICN and Theonering.net will let the world know when anything is announced.

3. Jonny1973

Jonny1973

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I saw Reloaded last night, there was no sign of a Rings trailer just Dumb and Dumberer and T3.

4. Andy.T

Andy.T

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +73
    Sorry I should have put that clearer, I meant that the trailer isn't wrapped up yet, not the decision whether to put it on with Matrix Reloaded. It looks like we won't be seeing it for a while yet.

5. Andy.T

Andy.T

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +73
    From The One Ring.net last night, not good news I'm afraid.

"ROTK TRAILER NEWS
    6/05/03, 4:03 pm EST - Xoanon

We get hundreds of emails a day here at TORN, but today I personally have gotten at least a dozen asking about the ROTK trailer. People asking me why it wasn't attached to TTT or panicking when they notice TTT has left their local theatre. Here is what we KNOW.

The ROTK trailer will not be attached to the end of TTT anywhere. It WILL be seen as a regular trailer (the type before a film starts) sometime soon but NOT IN JUNE. The last I heard it will NOT be attached to 'Dumb and Dumberer', but of course things are fluid and could possibly change.

So there's the news that is fit to print. Take a screenshot of this page, print it out, stick it on your fridge...tell your friends or family or the guy who hands you your food at the next drive-thu you go to....just get the word out."

6. hamtaro

hamtaro

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    rumours have it that new line have stated return of the king trailer will be shown in september 2003, attached to a movie called secondhand lions , dont know if this is to bolster ticket sales of this movie? [remember meet joe black and the phantom menace trailer?]how true this is is anyones guess!

7. Andy.T

Andy.T

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +73
    Another rumour was that it will be on with Dumb and Dumberer released this Friday. But I think we would have heard something by now if that were the case, so it seems highly unlikely, however September sounds very late. Who knows? /shrug

Checkout a report of what may or maynot be the trailer here. (Possible Spoilers).

8. Andy.T

Andy.T

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +73
    Trailer rumours are like buses heh, here's the third. A Norwegian source is reporting the trailer in early July. As always see http://www.theonering.net

9. hamtaro

hamtaro

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    what will we have to look forward to christmas 2004? it will be sad to see the trilogy finish this year!

10. Ian Cox

Ian Cox

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    The extended edition of ROTK on DVD of course. But I know what you mean both FOTR and TTT were both superb and I am sure ROTK is going to eclipse them both. But once I have seen it at the cinema then there is going to be a great big empty hole as there is not another film coming up for release in the near future that holds anywhere near the anticipation that the I have felt for all of the LOTR films.

11. hamtaro

hamtaro

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    unless the hobbit is made, a few years to do...but you never know