Return Of The Jedi....frank skinner

I'm a Frank Skinner fan, seen him live as well. Very funny bloke. But whoever talked over the credits at the end, it's ONLY the end credits and it is a "pirate" version you have on tape which you will replace with the DVD when it comes out so what's the big deal? It's a temporary copy! Yes it would've been nice if he didn't speak over the credits, but then you also had to edit out the adverts as well so......

Flame me, I don't care :D

Originally posted by ReTrO
Anything inside the M25 counts as London these days.:D

Which makes 'my' actual home just 2 miles outside London.
Anything inside the M25 counts as "Greater London" not "London" proper. Basically anything on a tube stop up to and including zone 6. If you work in Greater London and not London proper and you work in public service, then you don't get the full London Weighting. Half of those stops in Zone 6 are definitely nowhere near London anyway. You can tell from their smell if nothing else.

Originally posted by Squirrel God
Yes it would've been nice if he didn't speak over the credits, but then you also had to edit out the adverts as well so......

Flame me, I don't care :D
OK
firedevil.gif
one burnt squirrel. You don’t you edit out the adverts? :eek:

Frank Skinner is on a channel that still allows him to 'sing' during his show... as they obviously have little concern about that, talking over ROTJ end credits would have seemed of little consequence to them.

I'd actually be interested in the viewing figures for ITVs latest showing of the trilogy. I bet it's not nearly as high as some might think.

I doubt they pulled in many viewers at all... apart from maybe ep 1 which some people may not have got round to seeing.

Scarily enough I didn't see it. Film is good though, but since I no longer get a paper and Sky EPG insists that no further scheduling info is available I don't get to find much at the moment... Grr...

It is all entertainment though. I appreciate why people get serious about it. Bravo has always had a reputation for taking a light hearted poke at itself. The amount of films I've sat through on the sci-fi channel because the EPG's write up had something like "one of the worst films made". Maybe that's me though. I like Babylon 5 (and have the loud-adver-less credit-talky-over-less season 1 on DVD), and don't really take any offense to somebody having a laugh (love Star Trek, and also love most of the send ups and jokes I've seen about it - different, I know, but...).

I personally like Skinner (not everything he's done, but there you go) - you can't please everybody.

:)

What we need is a new Special Edition of Jedi, where Lucas can use CGI to replace those *@%#ing Ewoks with something... er, anything really...

Originally posted by cessquill
... but since I no longer get a paper and Sky EPG insists that no further scheduling info is available I don't get to find much at the moment... Grr...
Try DigiGuide at £6.99 for a year's subscription. This is a whole lot better than papers, or that crappy Sky EPG.:)

Thanks for that - Sadly enough I've all ready subscribed to it on my iPaq, I just keep forgetting to use it. :rolleyes:

Maybe I'm just looking for reasons to hate the telly! :D

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom