Return my Samsung F9000 4K TV to Currys (consumer rights)

Legs1157

Novice Member
Reaction score
Hi,

I recently bought (1 week yesterday) a UF9000 4K TV from Currys. I was told instore that Samsung will not be releasing another 4K TV until after the World Cup, So I decided to buy this TV. However, upon speaking to a Samsung representative at this weekends Gadget Show, I was informed that a new curved Samsung TV is being released next week which costs £300 more than the model I oriinally purchased.

If I was to have known that this was the case, I would have waited until the new model hit the store and bought that one.

Therefore I now feel unhappy and would like to return the TV to Currys for a refund or a store credit note which will enable me to pay the extra for the new model.

I'm just not sure what to say to Currys concerning this mater. I've checked the back of my receipt and it states that a refund will be given provided that the original packaging is unopened and it is within 21 days from purchase.

Please help as I feel I've been given misguided information, and I'm not happy with my original purchase.

Thanks

Is your original packaging unopened or have you been using it? Personally I would go into Currys and start some moaning. I'm sure you will get a favourable outcome.

Is your original packaging unopened or have you been using it? Personally I would go into Currys and start some moaning. I'm sure you will get a favourable outcome.

Yes I've used it for 3 days, although I have all the packaging

Yes I've used it for 3 days.

Unfortunate, but try Currys and see what they say. The problem is the Currys instore staff wouldn't have a clue what TVs are coming out next week, nor would I imagine that most of them know the difference between HDMI and SCART. They will say anything to get you to buy something, but I'd go back and say you what you were told and what the truth actually is and see what happens.

So what is actually wrong with the tv you have now ??

And next month they will stop selling curved tv 's ;)

Does he need a curved tv ??
Or is it that the manufacures are telling us we need it like
3d tvs

Im not sold on bendy tvs
My self .

And next month they will stop selling curved tv 's ;)

Does he need a curved tv ??
Or is it that the manufacures are telling us we need it like
3d tvs

Im not sold on bendy tvs
My self .
while these may be valid points, it's not helping the OP get his questions answered.

Curly

Also the new 4k have hdmi 2.0 which will be of massive benefit to 4k TV's. I. Relieve the model he has does not have hdmi 2.0.
Me personally I would be livid as the new Samsungs are out now and are imminent.
Hope they take it back, personally I would get the huf7500 over the curved one.

I can see why he is upset that a new model has been released so soon and been advised wrongly etc .
But then that will be superseeded !
So will he take that back ?
There will always be another model .

Sadly thats tech for you .

Yeah but to be told one ting go then a week later another model is coming out is just wrong

Its currys what do you expect :(

I would never listen to what they inform you.
Its sell sell in todays day and age .
Hopefully he gets it changed .
And expect another model to be released v soon also .
Its the way tech goes .
Like pc's as soon as you get it out of the box its old hat !

Let's be realistic....and this will sound harsh.

He will get nowhere. Prooving he was told there wasn't a new model being released is impossible. The sales rep is likely to deny saying words to those affect and curry's aren't likely to take back a TV which is now obsolete. I feel for the guy, but suspect his F9000 purchase was an impulse buy and very little research was carried out before hand. Now realising a new tv is available, he's obviously disappointed (as anyone would be) and would like the 2014 variant.

I hope a favourable outcome comes from it, but I seriously doubt it....this is currys afterall....

Just as a side note, the HU7500 is the direct replacement for the F9000, not the curved HU8500. Maybe the OP should look to opt for that TV instead as it's cost is the same as that of the F9000 :) just a thought

Hope you get a favourable outcome bud

Buddy,you WILL get this sorted. I returned three sets to curry's last year due to banding/torching etc and as long as I didn't want a refund then they were fine. Plus you are willing to put more money through the till for the new model. As said,the guys that work in there are generally box shifters and don't have any tech knowledge so the guy probably didn't know any different but ultimately just wanted a box going out the door which unfortunately at places like curry's is what its all about. Ask to speak to a manager if you need to but I'm fairly confident that if you are polite and explain you are willing to spend more,then based on my experience you should be OK.

Thanks guys for the info! it was a bit of an impulse buy, and I think I'll just bite the bullet and stick with what I have. As stated technology is constantly moving forward at a rapid rate so I think I'll try and be happy with the model I have rather than whats getting upset with the newer models I could have had. Besides I'm pretty useless at returning items. Thanks again. Not sure I like the curved TVs anyhow. It was more the fact that it had HDMI 2.0 and the CMR rate was in fact 1200 as opposed to 1000. and all for £200 more. I just hope that the one connect box will be upgradable to compensate these further down the line.

Cheers again.

Legs, contact Samsung. I'm almost certain this is available now to upgrade

New one connect box :)

Hi! I decided to return the TV in the end. Unfortunately they were unable to refund my money and were unable to provide me with a store credit note. However, they would let me exchange it for an alternative TV, which I did buy the curved samsung TV for 2700 just to action the exchange, and left it in store while it gives me time to decide what TV I really want. Any Ideas for a 4K TV with HDMI 2?

Thanks for all the advice.

Mart.....comedy comment of the year so far. Try owning one day to day, it's not a fad, it's evolution and in my experience the curve does add an element to the viewing which is most certainly positive

Its funny years ago the old school crt tv were like goal fish bowls of sorts and now we have gone the other way !

I personally would prefer a flat screen monitor .
Stuff 3D
And curved screen
Even the ones that electricaly move from flat to curve just more to break down .

Thats my opinion .

Last edited by a moderator:
Its funny years ago the old school crt tv were like goal fish bowls of sorts and now we have gone the other way !

I personally would prefer a flat screen monitor .
Stuff 3D
And curved screen
Even the ones that electricaly move from flat to curve just more to break down .

Thats my opinion .
This post sums things up 100%, a nice flat screen oled with 3d and stuff everything else.

I exchanged my F9000 for the HU7500 - check out my thread about it so far.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom