Return Advice Needed please

seoulchre

Standard Member
Reaction score
I've posted elsewhere on this forum about a problem I'm having with my Philips 32' LCD, I bought it less than a week ago and I'm bitterly dissapointed with it as the picture is so poor. Can I take it back and get and exchange/refund?

THanks in advance, any replies appreciated as I'm heading abck to comet tonight.

Sep.

OK, I've just got off the phone to Philips and they confirmed there is a problem with the TV and the retailer should exchnage it.

Now, I wonder how difficult comet will make this?

I've looked at your other thread and the patches and black level are 'characteristics' of some LCD screens rather than faults as such. But explain that the picture quality isn't up to the standard you expect for the amount of money paid out.

Also as you aren't happy then getting a refund from Comet should be OK, I thought they had a 7 day no quibble return, or used to. I have returned a DVD player to Comet and got a refund after 10 months because it wouldn't play some of the more modern discs at the time.

Just be polite and let them know exactly what you want them to do in order to make you happy.

I must say, I've been surprised by the number of people on these forums and elsewhere who seem to talk about returning newly-bought goods simply because once they've got them they don't like them.

If it's really possible to do that (is it?) then sending something back for a genuine fault would presumably be no problem at all.

Bert
http://www.bertcoules.co.uk

I guess this depends on the shop. Some shops offer a no quibble returns policy (JL, Argos and I belive Dixons now do as well)
I believe they are not obliged to do this unless it is faulty.
Online shops may be different.
Azzo

The UK distance selling regulations give you the right to return 'unused' goods within 7 days of delivery purely for the reason of not liking them. You would normally be expected to pay return postage/carriage but the supplier is not allowed to levy a restocking charge. Technically, if you have seen the picture and you do not like it, the goods are used, but if everything was returned in perfect order in original packaging, the onus would be on the supplier to proove the goods were used.

When I was looking to buy, JL wanted a 10% restocking fee if I returned. Harrods have a 14 day period but only from the date of order.

-Ian

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom