Retro Rethink: Just what is Retro Gaming these days? - article discussion

Myself and a couple of friends used to get together every couple of months or so and drag the old consoles out. Atari, Master System, NES, we even have an old tape driven commodore. It is a fun night and we usually end up playing duck hunt or something daft!

One game, the I still play with my father, or rather watch him play, is WonderBoy 3 - The Dragons Trap on the Master System. What a wonderfully simple game which I still remember playing when I was a child and the thrill of defeating another dragon and turning in to the next character!

I love retro and great write up!

Still got my old c64 boxed up still works

I have Mame on a spare Drive with 19k of retro arcade games, can not beat the old school games sometimes

Look at the way that guy in the first photo is concentrating SO hard to impress the girl standing just behind him.

Little does he know that the Sonic the Hedgehog hat (which is clearly too small for him, as it was only ever supposed to be worn by 6 year olds) is rendering his efforts completely useless.

Back to the drawing board for the 40 year old virgin.

I don't really think he has noticed her at all. Got to concentrate on the important stuff you know... like retro gaming! :thumbsup: I am a retrogamer myself so no disrespect intended.

And for your information, after a couple more games I noticed that girl but she was a Mario fan and I just couldn't do it with her

I find it amusing how PS2 era is now considered retro.
It's not that old.
I'd class retro as PS1(at a push) and earlier.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom