ImageUploadedByTapatalk1413363908.230554.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1413363917.314739.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1413363964.188171.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1413363982.407254.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1413364249.192914.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1413364265.596892.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1413364280.182053.jpg

Couple of more pics.

Decided to move the games room out the garage as needing the space out there for other things.

So I convinced the Mrs to allow me to buy an Ikea Besta unit and take over a wall in the spare room, which also doubles has her dressing room.

Managed to source a B&O MX7000 tv with remote local-ish to me and went on a trip to get it, much to her amusement!

So worth it though, the picture and sound off it are incredible, makes the old consoles so much better! Everything that can be hooked up via RGB scart is, and all go through the two scart switchers.

Cheers! Still don't know whether to get the rest of the marvel lights like Hulk's fist and Captain America's shield or just leave it as it is.

Fantastic GTeng, what a great collection and set up!

I still possess most of the games consoles I've owned since the Megadrive/SNES days however they're all in boxes up in the loft. I don't want to get rid of them as I know somewhere in the distant future I'll have a great time rediscovering them all.

For now though I've still got about 25+ Xbox360 games to get through and the PS4 games are already slowly starting to build up.

Thanks vinvader, the mega drive and N64 collection isn't bad, but I'd like more of the others, SNES especially. PS1 wise a lot of the games are the ones I played as a kid and enjoyed, I'm not bothered about rarity!

I stupidly gave all mine away each time I got a new console so had to scour gumtree, eBay and the classifieds on here to pick them all back up again.

The little princess doesn't allow me much time to game so it's just a collection at the moment!

Fantastic room.

Great collection and set up. My man cave is unused and unloved in our spare room. I hope when we get a bigger place I can snag the box room to display everything properly. It's all in boxes at the moment.

Thanks Ada, I've deliberately went for a hidden setup to keep it tidy and dust free from the Mrs putting her makeup on! Otherwise I'd have had it all on display.

Still debating whether to get captain America's shield and Thor's hammer in the lights or if it would look too busy and just leave it as it is.

Really cool seeing a NES on your rack. It was my first games console of my own when I was 9 years old and I absolutely loved it.

The SNES and MegaDrive were my first consoles, I was too young when the NES was out. I managed to pick it up cheap from gumtree, boxed with games!

I am so jell of this mate! hope you and your fre4idns/family love/apreicate the hours of time you can have in here. So many memories with retro consoles....games just don't seam to be what they use to be anymore... :(

Hi fantastic room. Quick question have you modded any of the consoles like the mega drive to 60hz or do they look ok running at 50hz on the TV thanks.

Games aren't what they used to be, that's why I decided to go back in time and play a lot of the classics that I never got round to playing at the time due to being too young and no money haha!

I've not modded any of the consoles, and of course they look fine at 50hz as that's what the consoles, games and the TV all run at as they are all Pal. It's only really when you are using ntsc signals that you run into problems, or if you want rid of the black bars and speed the games up. Modding them is on my list of things to do mind you, but might keep these originals and get second consoles to modify.

I'd prob just get one of those all in one retro consoles from ebay rather than mod the consoles.

Ps look what I treated myself to mmmmm smells of 1980's & my youth
ImageUploadedByAVForums1418136566.160484.jpg
ImageUploadedByAVForums1418136587.059888.jpg
ImageUploadedByAVForums1418136598.576585.jpg
ImageUploadedByAVForums1418136615.162243.jpg

That's awsum. Looks amazing. However, didn't the NES games come how Gameboy games came, with the "nintendo" strip on the cellophane. You know the part that you pull to tear open? That mario bros looks like it's been shrinked wrapped?!?

Kinda like this one that is running down the side of the box, this way you know it's the original seal, nintendo also only sealed games, not consoles. The original gameboy had a sticker on the side of the box, similar to that of the N64.
Not trying to rain on your bonfire, just some friendly advice from one collector to another as iv been stung pretty hard with people claim to have "new factory seal" games and consoles.
ImageUploadedByAVForums1418314269.419162.jpg

mine are us versions ;) hence the different nintendo seal logo also ;)

Just trying offer some friendly advice. When buying a PAL game, I was on about the long thin nintendo line that runs from top to bottom, as most nintendo products from day one have the circular nintendo stamp of approval.

If they were sold to you as brand new, then they should have this red nintendo lettering built into the plastic wrapping, or shrink wrapped a certain way!

I could be wrong, but as far as I was aware, Nintendo had these running from left to right around the item to assist in opening. best way of describing it is like a pack of cigerettes, you know when you open them.

From my research it was found that many people (even those passing themselves off as PSA's), just found a near mint condition and/or a reprint box, shrink wrapped them, and sold them off as ''factory sealed/brand new'' even though they weren't.

The only reason I point it out is that as a kid I had the gameboy game of super mario land and that defiantly had the nintendo strip on the cellophane to assist with opening the package.

Id defiantly recommend researching it buddy, as PAL nintendo boxes (to my knowledge) always had this built into the plastic wrapping (cellophane). My knowledge with the others is fuzzy, but surely they would be the same right? If you see a PAL game and its cheap with this packaging, snap it up as it will be worth a fortune. :)

A good example is here (the link below) it has the nintendo seal of approval and the Red Nintendo writting (its grey with most nintendo wii/wii U games theses days), that goes all the way around the box which when pealed, assists in removing the the shrink wrap/cellophane etc.
TERRANIGMA NEW FACTORY SEALED SNES NINTENDO SEAL VGA80 NES N64 RARE | eBay

This useful article (even though I hate eBay) helps you look to see if you item has been re-wrapped in shrink wrap.
How to Spot Resealed NES Games | eBay

As you said there from the states, so I'm clueless. Just being friendly as I would hate to see another community member being ripped off like I was when I was a noob to collecting nintendo stuff! :)

:) :)

Last edited:
-- As an eBay Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases --
Cheers pal. I'll have a read.

All is well. Flaps have no wear, h seam in place and as it should be ie not a sharp crease where it meets the vertical seem, & hang tags are correct with some yellowing due to the type of glue they used to use.

I want a sealed zelda & mario kart & street fighter.

I don't want the ones that are hardcore collector games but ones that were important to me as a child.
Already got the above games in usable condition but would be nice to have them mint and graded just for display. Heck maybe they'll be worth something for the grandkids ;)

maybe f-zero & pilot wings too,
i also fancy buying a used and mint virtual boy, see what i missed out on

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom