1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Retrieving Deleted SMS

Discussion in 'Mobile Phones Forum' started by recharge, Jun 2, 2005.

1. recharge

recharge

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,

Could anyone tell me if there is a way to retrieve deleted text messages from a Nokia 6600? I've seen some software called simcon from
    http://www.simcon.no
    and I've bought a sim card reader and when I use the reader to retrieve the sms data from the sim there are only a handful of old messages on there. Yet, when I put the sim back into the phone there are over 80 messages in my inbox. Also, the card readers software seems to be able to view the inbox messages, not sent items.

So I'm deducing that some messages are stored on SIM and some on the phone. Obviously I don't want to go spending money on software that will read the sim if the text messages are not stored on the sim.

I've had a look thru the phone settings but can't see anywhere where I might change the setting of where the phone stores the text messages.

Can anyone advise me? When I use another sim card from my Motorola I can't see any messages at all using the reader and its software.

Thanks

2. Mezz

Mezz

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    As far as i know thier is no way to get them back once they are deleted, best thing to do is talk to the tech team at your provider they will be able to give you a solid yes or no answer.

Mezz