Retrieve contacts from iTunes

akhlaq768

Prominent Member
Reaction score
My iphone has decided to die on me...

how do i retrieve my contact list from itunes?

thanks

Did you have your iphone to sync with a email account (outlook, gmail etc.), they should be in there if you did.

If you didn't then there are various utilities to extract them from the backup file but having never used any of them I wouldn't know which one to recommend. Just try googling recover contact from iphone backup to find a few ideas.

i didn't sync it with an email account..

only within iTunes

If you have MS Outlook on your PC, open it and have a look at the Contacts tab. they may well be there.

to locate your itunes back up:

On a Mac: ~/Library/Application Support/MobileSync/Backup/

On Windows XP: \Documents and Settings\(username)\Application Data\Apple Computer\MobileSync\Backup\

On Windows Vista and Windows 7: \Users\(username)\AppData\Roaming\Apple Computer\MobileSync\Backup\

then use any of database programmes to read the .db files. I personally used SQlite Database Browser 2.0 (please note I used this on my mac and can't remember if there is a windows version-but there are loads of other Windows programmes) and from there you can import into a .csv file and read in excel (more detailed instructions can often be found on the sites of such programmes, sorry, I am typing this from the top of my head, hence no further detailed instructions)

Apologies if this is blindingly obvious, but if you're getting a replacement iPhone then just restore it from backup (rather than set up as a new phone) and they should all transfer...

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom