Retrain stupid fingers!!!!!

M

mpendlebury01

Got my 360 last night and had a quick blast of Gears of War (after waiting for the inlaws to go home and to create my live account)...........

Had my ass quickly handed to me by the locust scum.

Been a PC gamer for the last 3 years (sold PS2) and my hands have completely forgotten how to use a pad!!! Nightmare.

Sat at work now going through mental exercises like the karate kid.

Wax on......left analogue
Wax off......right analogue

As a competitive guy I cant even contemplate online action until my skills have returned!!!

After a DualShock pad being an extension of my arm for so long has anyone else experienced a similar Pad Rejection upon their return to the console fold?:D

the 360 pad is pretty spot on for me, like you i play pc games a fair bit and only occasionally played my original xboxw with the fatboy pads. Im now pretty good with the 360 pad and think it works well. The dualshock makes me feel like its crippling the bones in my hands, dont like it one bit!

Dont worry about it, it'll become second nature soon enough, even though im used to it i still do the odd stupid thing, like throw a grenade when i mean to reload, and as im taking cover to "reload" the grenade goes nowhere, and i die. its a sad story.

bought a laptop few years back and moved to keyboard and mouse combo.

Had the 360 a couple of months now and know what I want to do, just can't chuffing do it.

Hence lots of spectating screen watching. Fun none the less :smashin:

yep i know exactly how you feel...

i went from my xbox to pc gaming without touching my xbox for 2 yearsbut a few days ago i got the urge to play it, as soon as the controller touched my hand it felt as if my brain lost all memory of control and i couldnt do nothing...

but after a few hours i was back to pwning and i did the first 5 levels of halo on legendary and then my xbox broke:(

on the plus side all my counter strike source skills helped me A LOT...

never had the problems you lot seem to have though when i go like 2+ months without playing counter strike when I go back to it my aim is terrible.

Yep. The last time I played a FPS on a console and was -good- at it was Goldeneye on the N64... Prey on the 360? Man I'm useless!

never had the problems you lot seem to have though when i go like 2+ months without playing counter strike when I go back to it my aim is terrible.

its ok, it isnt your aim, its those dirty h4xx0rXs using their console magic so your bullets miss....

:D

find the same thing, (regardless of whether i've been playing on consoles or not), go back to CS:S for a quick bit of fun with some old clan mates and i cant shoot for toffee....lol......i find the best thing to do is whip out my deagle and use that for a half hour, seems to help me get my aim back in quicker than other guns, probably because of its accuracy on single shots...

failing that, out comes bessie (shottie) and i go head-hunting....heh

when i first got my 360 and GR:AW it took me a few sessions online to get things going, but eventually it was duck to water time....except its sooooo slooooooowwww....lol....nothing like whipping a mouse around to take out 3 people in a room within a matter of seconds on CS:S, on GR:AW you'd be lucky to even turn round fast enough to realise there was 3 people in the room....lol
(my PC probably wont do GR:AW properly on PC so i never bothered....might pick up a cheap copy one day for comparison, once i've got a new g-card anyhow..lol)

After playing FarCry, Doom3, Half-Life2, Hl2ep1, COD2, Brothers in Arms, CS Source all to death on the PC I think it's the almost instant aiming (if your any good) that I'm missing at the moment.

I was playing on the 360 last night on GOW and was urging the aiming recticle across the screen so I could take aim. On the PC that would have been instant.

Still very impressed with the 360 so far. Embarrassed by my 20 gamer points though!!! LOL.:D

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom