• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Retiring the fabled CD23

will1066

Established Member
Welp...after four gorgeous years, I am shelving my "Ring" but still intend to keep it, either as a keepsake or for backup to the Ayre C-5xe I just got. While the Ayre is clearly the better player, let's just say I'm definitely experiencing the law of diminishing returns; the CD23 was/is just that good of a player. But the Ayre is still going into an AV8.

colinmjohnson

Established Member
I did exactly the same to my CD36 after purchasing an EMC1-up.. Just can't let it go as it's so good, but the EMC is so good in a very different way.

I've never heard the Ayre, but the EMC1-up is so rich sounding and has a very full lower mid range unlike the CD36. I really should find a matching A32 and hook it up as a second system.

will1066

Established Member
I did wish Arcam would take a shot at the upper/first-tier leagues in redbook or SACD playback, though it's not the company's philosophy to go beyond the US$3k price point.

The latest video from AVForums

CES 2023 Round Up: New TV Lineups for 2023 from LG, Samsung, Panasonic, Hisense & TCL
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom