• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Retailers

chrishull3

chrishull3

This is a very old thread on the camcorder section Simply Electronics - Beware
but i see they are still going strong,i have no experience with them but early in september i purchased a Panasonic prosumer camcorder from UK Digital Cameras | Digital SLR Cameras | Camcorders | Digital Camera Exchange
i usualy purchase from Amazon or any well know retailer but it was offered with a 5 year guarentee and a good price,31 days after it arrived the viewfinder went,so i had to send the cam to a panasonic repair centre,two weeks later it was returned no part available so i was told i had to return the camcorder to ukdigital cameras for an exchange,days and weeks past i kept phoning and emailing them,the same nice talking young lady always answered with excuse after excuse,i contacted Panasonic who told me an uplift number had been given and i should have been sent a new cam,still no exchnge came,eventualy last week a telephone call from Panasonic telling me they were sending me a new cam with a new 5 year guarantee,it came on monday,So my advice on my experience is avoid that retailer.

Last edited:

twist

Distinguished Member
So basically the complaint isn't about all retailers but only UK digitals service. Glad you got it sorted though.

chrishull3

So basically the complaint isn't about all retailers but only UK digitals service. Glad you got it sorted though.
Yes this is the first time i have been let down like this by a retailer,Amazon have even stopped an order for me while it was in transit when i found out the product was not what i wanted,i have purchased from many retailers and had good servise but not in the instance of this thread.

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom