• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Retailers

chrishull3

This is a very old thread Simply Electronics - Beware
but i see they are still going strong,i have no experience with them but early in september i purchased a Panasonic prosumer camcorder from UK Digital Cameras | Digital SLR Cameras | Camcorders | Digital Camera Exchange
i usualy purchase from Amazon or any well know retailer but it was offered with a 5 year guarentee and a good price,31 days after it arrived the viewfinder went,so i had to send the cam to a panasonic repair centre,two weeks later it was returned no part available so i was told i had to return the camcorder to ukdigital cameras for an exchange,days and weeks past i kept phoning and emailing them,the same nice talking young lady always answered with excuse after excuse,i contacted Panasonic who told me an uplift number had been given and i should have been sent a new cam,still no exchnge came,eventualy last week a telephone call from Panasonic telling me they were sending me a new cam with a new 5 year guarantee,it came on monday,So my advice on my experience is avoid that retailer.

Last edited:

rogs

Thanks for those details Chris. One more to add to my list to avoid - (which already includes Simply Electronics of course!)

chrishull3

Its good to let others know your experience,obviously some will have used them with no problems,i have corrected my opening post i have never used simply electrics.

The latest video from AVForums

Hisense U7H TV and T+A Solitaire T headphone reviews, AV/HiFi news plus, what is screen uniformity?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom