Retailers taking PS3 (60GB) Pre-Orders NOW!

azza21

Prominent Member
Reaction score
I've put together a list of online retailers taking pre-orders now for the Playstation 3 60 GB Premiums package. I've myself pre-ordered from Komplett, Shopto & Play3k. I'm fed up off never getting a console on the launch date, been let down far to often. :)
After what happened with my Nintendo Wii pre order from PLAY.com i'd recommend staying away from them.

All the phone numbers work as I've tested them, I've stated otherwise.

Komplett
£409 (£416 Incl Delivery)
*0870 240 5279 (Monday - Friday: 10:00am - 4:00pm)
Pre-Ordered from komplett and they do not take the money out of your bank account until the item is sent.
Komplett stated release Date: 03/19/2007

TheGameWarehouse
*£399.99
*Unknown (e-mail contact only) [Superb Amazon / eBay rating]
Release Date: Date stated is wrong, e-mailed them!!!
Brought many games from them, do not charge until item is sent. Topsite!

ShopTo
*£449.99
*01344 404 773 (Monday - Friday: 8:30am - 6:00pm)
Shopto stated Release Date: 07/03/2007
Pre-Ordered from shopto and they do not take the money out of your bank account until the item is sent.

Play3000
*£424.99 (Incl Delivery)
*0870 360 4551 (Monday - Friday: 9:30am - 5:00pm)
Play3k stated Release Date: 30/03/2007
One of the cheapest game retailers online. Won't charge you until the item is sent.

DarkPlanets
*£425.00
*0870 748 7135 (Monday - Friday: 10:00am - 5:30pm)

DigiUK
*£699.99 (Scandalous I'm sure it will change)
*0870 997 9990 (Unknown)

CreativeConsoles
*£425.00
*Unknown (e-mail contact only)
Used once to buy a game not as popular as the others retailers but my delivery was prompt and I had no problems also 5% quidco cashback.

Quidco: 5% Cashback

Hope this helps you peeps trying to pre-order one of these things early :D

Aaron Scott

Yeah why dont you all order one from each retailer and bugger us all up, Nothing like a false demand eh? :rolleyes:

Yeah why dont you all order one from each retailer and bugger us all up, Nothing like a false demand eh? :rolleyes:

Well like i said i have been let down big time with the wii console, when i get the first ps3 i will councel the other two pre-orders. Its just more of a garentee i will get a console on the launch date.
I don't see any problem in it, hope the list helps you :)

I would wait for the official launch date from sony, but i suppose it dont hurt to keep 1 step ahead.

Well like i said i have been let down big time with the wii console, when i get the first ps3 i will councel the other two pre-orders. Its just more of a garentee i will get a console on the launch date.
I don't see any problem in it, hope the list helps you :)

The only problem I see is them all shipping you a PS3 within 30 minutes of one another and you having a room full of them :devil:

It's little wonder you're doing this though if you've been let down before.

I had mine on pre-order with GameStation a couple days after E3 06 finished, but I may pre-order a 2nd PS3 just to make sure I get one.

I ended up with two launch 360's doing that. :rolleyes:

I ended up with two launch 360's doing that. :rolleyes:
However a couple days after E3 is not a bad time frame to pre-order a PS3 from Game Station, and then see Game Station taking no further pre-orders until they want to again. But this should mean I must have got my PS3 locked down, which is why I may not even pre-order a 2nd PS3.

Well its not exactly going to be hard to get someone to buy one. If you cant even do that you just send it back. How long have play3K been taking orders?

Well its not exactly going to be hard to get someone to buy one. If you cant even do that you just send it back. How long have play3K been taking orders?

How long have they all been taking orders for?
Wish they'd state how many they have taken to know if its worth while or not :rolleyes:

I have a Japanese one now but still keeping my single pre-order at Gamestation (since May06 with £20 deposit) as I still don't know if I want a UK machine or stick with the Japanese one.

Won't be needing to pre-order any more though.

I'm tempted to pre order from one of these firms but ideally I would like to use Game, GameStation or Virgin/HMV at an actual store.
Does anyone know which high street retailer would be the best bet?

How long have they all been taking orders for?
Wish they'd state how many they have taken to know if its worth while or not :rolleyes:

I'm not sure mate your best bet is e-mailing them. I only done my pre -order their 2 days ago, but i'm sure if they had a massive backlog of people pre-ordering they'd have stopped it incase they couldn't forfill their pre-orders. If they couldn't forfill them it would only look bad on them, so i doubt its too big.

jUST PRE-ORDERED MINE FROM KOMPLETT. CHEERS AZZA21!

I'm tempted to pre order from one of these firms but ideally I would like to use Game, GameStation or Virgin/HMV at an actual store.
Does anyone know which high street retailer would be the best bet?

Thats what I'm doing. I was the first person in my Game to be served with both the 360 and the Wii. After reading the farces that have occured from the online retailers for both consoles there is no way I'm risking using anyone online, especially with the ease that I've got my consoles with.

I always use Game but when looking for a component cable on Wii launch day the Gamestation chap I spoke to said that had got enough Wii's in to fulfill every pre-order and had a few for general sale, so I'd say go with either of them...:thumbsup:

I’ve myself pre-ordered from Komplett, Shopto & Play3k. I’m fed up off never getting a console on the launch date, been let down far to often. :)

Perhaps thats the reason why...:rolleyes:

Komplett have had that up for some time now, and DigiUK. So your chances from them are very small.

Thats what I'm doing. I was the first person in my Game to be served with both the 360 and the Wii. After reading the farces that have occured from the online retailers for both consoles there is no way I'm risking using anyone online, especially with the ease that I've got my consoles with.

I always use Game but when looking for a component cable on Wii launch day the Gamestation chap I spoke to said that had got enough Wii's in to fulfill every pre-order and had a few for general sale, so I'd say go with either of them...:thumbsup:

I'd back this up. If you really want to be assured of getting a PS3 on launch get in early with one of the big retailers like Game, Amazon, Currys etc. They will get the most allocation of units. These smaller e-tailers will get far less units and probably won't tell you where you are on their list so it'll be pot luck. I pre-ordered my PS2 via Special Reserve(not sure if they're even still in business!) and then Electronics Boutique(now GAME). Special Reserve messed me about but EB were superb(with a bit of moaning by myself) and I got the PS2 on launch day.

I know a lot of people are desperate to get a PS3 on launch but seriously my advice would be to stick to the big players.

I'd back this up. If you really want to be assured of getting a PS3 on launch get in early with one of the big retailers like Game, Amazon, Currys etc. They will get the most allocation of units. These smaller e-tailers will get far less units and probably won't tell you where you are on their list so it'll be pot luck. I pre-ordered my PS2 via Special Reserve(not sure if they're even still in business!) and then Electronics Boutique(now GAME). Special Reserve messed me about but EB were superb(with a bit of moaning by myself) and I got the PS2 on launch day.

I know a lot of people are desperate to get a PS3 on launch but seriously my advice would be to stick to the big players.

Can you tell me the website for Special Reserve as they are just down the road from where i live.. thanks!

You are right mate, but in the respect i missed out on game/gamestations pre-order for the ps3 or atleast they are not doing it in my area. I live 14 miles away from the cloest GAME/HMV etc..so its kind of hard going there frequently. So for me online is my best bet, that kind of why i put these sites up early, people have more of a chance of getting the ps3 if they pre order early. But komplett i do regard as a faily big player, play3k are not to small either. Komplett tells you how many PS3's they are expected at launch if you check on the link i put up.
I no it sounds daft but try e-mailing these online retailers asking if they have a big backlog of orders for the system, some are very helpfull.

Just checked my order status with Komplett, and it says "confirmed" , with an estimated shipping date of 19th march. downside is parcelforce are down as the delivery method!

Just checked my order status with Komplett, and it says "confirmed" , with an estimated shipping date of 19th march. downside is parcelforce are down as the delivery method!

Same here, just hope they dont dissapoint (somewhat expecting :( )

Well I am with Moby on this one. The big players will always get the majority of the stock. I am happy to wait for Game to start taking pre-orders and then slam my order in. Once that happens then we will know for sure that PS3 is on its way to these shores. A lot of the smaller companies take pre-orders early becuase they need to keep business ticking over. Companies like Komplett are no more in the frame then anyone else and taking pre-orders does not mean that they know something that the larger dealers don't and in addition they will always receive a much smaller consignment then the likes of Curry's and Game. I have never had a problem with using the big players and every pre-order I ever made was always completed on the release date. If you stick with the mainstream dealers, your chances of receiving PS3 on the release day will be far greater

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom