Retailers seling the hitachi,vestal boxes

Discussion in 'Digital TV & Video Players & Recorders' started by california77, Jan 23, 2008.

Tags:
  1. california77

california77

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +20
    Looking for any hitachi/grundig/evesham boxes that have freeview playback.
    Does anyone sell the Hitachi apart from argos?

2. california77

california77

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +20
    Anyone know of any?

3. clemenzina

clemenzina

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +135
    (1) Beware of the Freeview Playback logo - there's Part 1 and Part 2, and the Part 1 ones ;) don't allow Series Link. And it's not always obvious in the specs which is which, you even get some saying "Record1/Watch1" whilst all the Freeview Playback models do allow "Record2 and watch a recording simultaneously".

(2) I don't think the Evesham is available any more, Evesham themselves sold several hundred 160gb @ £99 (to give their troubled cash flow a much needed boost?) then raised the price to £120 and sold a few hundred more, then no more stock. It's a T816 (which probably the Hitachi is too) and has a faulty REW, where the pic freezes and you have to reboot. It's never caused me a major problem like losing recordings or timer settings, but it's a big nuisance when picture-searching, which I do a lot. There is a 2-minute skip back and forth which partially compensates. But have a look in the "T816 Bugs" thread.

(3) The Hitachi is in stock :eek: at my local Argos @ £130, also available for home delivery. It's listed as a 162 and doesn't specify if it's got Series Link, but it is dual record.

Most of the Vestel boxes at Argos are out of stock in my area (south London).

Hope this kinda helps ;)

clemenzina