Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

Retailers are they any good?

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by Curry Monster, Mar 23, 2003.

1. Curry Monster

Curry Monster

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,

I have finally decided what to buy for my home cinema setup. I am intending to purchase a Marantz SR6300 receiver and the Mission FS1 speaker package. Now I am looking around at best prices which is another thing. Are Unbeatable and QED electrical decent retailers to buy from? Plus is the amp from these people be like a grey European import or a UK spec machine. I've read a few horror stories about these firms over the past months in this forum.

Thanks

Martin

2. groundy

groundy
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    I used to own an SR6300 - bought it of QED.co.uk and had no problems. Service was good, they had it in stock and delivered on time - though I did place the order by phone so I could confirm all this. The SR6300 from QED was UK stock, not grey import.

3. alexs2

alexs2

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,671
    Another place that may be worth a look for feedback on the stores listed is www.ukpricerunner.com

Not only do they provide comparisons of prices,but they also provide feedback from purchasers....there's a large amount of feedback on both the retailers you mentioned there.

4. hornydragon

hornydragon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Somewhere near the M4 most of the time......
    Ratings:
    +1,218
    I have bought from QED.uk. I bought both my amp and speakers from them, apart from a long delivery time tehy were fine, quing on th ephone takes ages but they sorted the out a fault with one of my speakers ok with 3 days left on the warranty!
    I would use them again but i suggest you have a good look at their feedback and decide for yourself.

5. Gambit

Gambit

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I'll gladly recomend HiFiBitZ- they have a link at the top right of this page.

6. saint_simon

saint_simon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi try Bentalls department store in either bracknell or kingston upon thames, they had them at an wicked price of £299. Give them a call a to see if they still have them.

Simon:clap:

7. Curry Monster

Curry Monster

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Got the amp on Friday from QED. Got a miffed as it was a grey import. Suppose what you pay is what you get.