1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Retailers are they any good?

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by Curry Monster, Mar 23, 2003.

1. Curry Monster

Curry Monster

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,

I have finally decided what to buy for my home cinema setup. I am intending to purchase a Marantz SR6300 receiver and the Mission FS1 speaker package. Now I am looking around at best prices which is another thing. Are Unbeatable and QED electrical decent retailers to buy from? Plus is the amp from these people be like a grey European import or a UK spec machine. I've read a few horror stories about these firms over the past months in this forum.

Thanks

Martin

2. groundy

groundy
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    I used to own an SR6300 - bought it of QED.co.uk and had no problems. Service was good, they had it in stock and delivered on time - though I did place the order by phone so I could confirm all this. The SR6300 from QED was UK stock, not grey import.

3. alexs2

alexs2

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,674
    Another place that may be worth a look for feedback on the stores listed is www.ukpricerunner.com

Not only do they provide comparisons of prices,but they also provide feedback from purchasers....there's a large amount of feedback on both the retailers you mentioned there.

4. hornydragon

hornydragon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Somewhere near the M4 most of the time......
    Ratings:
    +1,215
    I have bought from QED.uk. I bought both my amp and speakers from them, apart from a long delivery time tehy were fine, quing on th ephone takes ages but they sorted the out a fault with one of my speakers ok with 3 days left on the warranty!
    I would use them again but i suggest you have a good look at their feedback and decide for yourself.

5. Gambit

Gambit

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I'll gladly recomend HiFiBitZ- they have a link at the top right of this page.

6. saint_simon

saint_simon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi try Bentalls department store in either bracknell or kingston upon thames, they had them at an wicked price of £299. Give them a call a to see if they still have them.

Simon:clap:

7. Curry Monster

Curry Monster

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Got the amp on Friday from QED. Got a miffed as it was a grey import. Suppose what you pay is what you get.