1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Retailer went bust, who to buy from now

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by JayList, Aug 30, 2005.

1. JayList

JayList

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi.

I ordered the 56" sagem from unbeatable.co.uk. Now I have been informed by able2buy who provided 12 months intereret free credit that they have gone bust.

Luckily they did not recieve any money from me so I can go out an buy another :clap: So any ideas on the best vendors to buy. Is there anything else comparable out there apart from the 56 sagem? I am tempted by the Optomoa RD65 but I think £3700 is a bit much for me at the moment! :suicide:

Good retilers/prices please?

2. Razor

Razor

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +12,498
    :hiya: Jay

Its a bargain for a 65' screen. Rob a few grannies, sell a kidney or lung. But dont go without.

:D

3. Lion

Lion

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +160
    don't forget to budget another £1000 for a lumagen or HCPC so you can watch your region one dvds on an rd65 though. :devil:

( does that sound too much like nigel ? ) :eek:

4. Razor

Razor

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +12,498

Throw in a few comments about rainbows and your there. :smashin:

:D

5. LV426

LV426
    Administrator Staff Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,909
    Thanks, Lion.

I do think it ever so slightly flawed, to recommend anything, while knowingly omitting something that's as important as these two issues.

In the case in point, it might be argued that anyone buying in to single chip DLP ought to be aware of the rainbow issue (although I still suspect many aren't) - it's perhaps less likely that they will be aware of the much less common 60hz issue or even how/if it will affect them.

6. Tarbat

Tarbat

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +252
    I've always found Comet online to be excellent. They have the Sagem HDD56EU at £2699, delivery available for this weekend.

7. indie24

indie24

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +194
    sorry to hijack this thread. I bought something from unbeatable a while back and am still paying for it by direct debit. My finance was thru able2buy. Do my dd`s still go out or do they stop?

8. dunsters

dunsters

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    I suspect your contract is now with able2buy and not unbeatable. Put a call into their customer services desk and tell them that unbeatable has gone under and that you want to stop payments (you may even find this is news to them). I suspect that they would have paid unbeatable day one for your goods so you will be on the hook to them for the remaining payments unless they agree to stop payments and recover the money from unbeatable. If this doesnt happen and/or they get heavy, you should contact your local consumer advice centre (phone book) who will be able to explain your (limited) rights.:lesson:

Good luck but do not in any case simply stop paying the DDs as I suspect able2buy will be very very unsympathetic if you do.:eek:

Cheers:hiya: