• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Retail Experience

circo

Standard Member
Hi, does anyone have any experience of Sound and Vision in Bolton? I've been waiting a very long time for my Tv and wondered if anyone else has had similar experiences before I ask for my money back.
Cheers

24 P

Ring them and ask the q, a phone call is always the best way to resolve any issue.
Could be waiting on stock, or other issues..

:thumbsup:

24 P

Can you elaborate on what the problem is and what the phone call entailed pls?

circo

Standard Member
I dont want to start slating them on this site (yet) as so far they seem genuine, but I've been waiting since July when I payed substantial deposit, for TV that is going out of production, and whilst the TV is worth waiting for I'm begining to think I'm not going to get it. The original delivery date was end of August and has slipped continually to, now the first two weeks in October. If others experience is similar I may be inclined to draw the line sooner rather than later. But, as it stands now no other company will take orders for this TV so this company is my only chance, however if I'd been told in July it would be an October delivery I would have, at that point, been able to get it else where.

24 P

Now that is a bit of a shame, you might have to wait it out and see how you go with your chances..
These guys have a retail shop front yes, so they won't be going anywhere quickly with your money, just make sure you keep in touch with them and note the dates of contact..

:)

pannyfanny

I'm quite certain as they have not honoured the original agreement you can ask for you money back..

There are some on here that may be able to firm up or correct this view..

Personally, I'd be quite demanding etc...

I would cancel, TV prices are going south in the run up to Christmas.

I am sure you could pick a new model for a very competitive price rather than waiting for an out of production model.

24 P

Yeah that was my suspicion too..

music

assuming it's a Pio - unless it's a KRP model I would be more shirty as 5090's and 6090's are still readily available.

If it is a KRP you'll be lucky to get one at all.

Last edited:

circo

Standard Member
That is the dilemma, wait for a KRP that might not appear or go for the 5090 while I still can. If I had some idea as to how this company do business, I could make that choice sooner rather than later. Incidently Pioneer have NOT said that I defiantly wont get a KRP!

Last edited:

circo

Standard Member
I got the news yesterday that I will not be getting a krp500 ! They have offered a refund of my deposit however after chatting with pioneerGB they have suggested the lx5090 with a seperate media box. The model number for the media box was PDA-V100HD. Has anyone used one of these? and if so does it or will it provide any additional functions for the 5090, above just allowing me to use a single cable to the TV?
Also its been suggested that some deals will be had at the sound and vision shop in Manchester weekend after next, any been? any deals had? Best price for the 5090 is £2000 and £170 for the media box.
Cheers
Bill

The latest video from AVForums

Fidelity in Motion's David Mackenzie talks about his work on disc encoding & the future of Blu-ray
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom