Quantcast

Resurrection aka The Passion Of The Christ Sequel (TBA)

raigraphixs

Distinguished Member
Reportedly Director Mel Gibson and writer Randall Wallace are considering a follow up film., though no confirmation from Gibson himself.

Next up from the pair is Hacksaw Ridge (TBA)

the-passion-of-the-christ_12418.jpg

Wallace;
e story this time would be a little more positive for Jesus, as it'll follow his resurrection. "I always wanted to tell this story," The Passion is the beginning and there's a lot more story to tell," the evangelical community considers The Passion the biggest movie ever out of Hollywood, and they kept telling us that they think a sequel will be even bigger.”

Mel Gibson to focus on resurrection for Passion of the Christ 2

Sequel planned for Passion of the Christ - BBC News

Last edited:

raduv1

Distinguished Member

images.jpg

Lusankya

Must have found loads more source material from somewhere.

raigraphixs

Distinguished Member
Mel;
It's not The Passion 2. It's called The Resurrection. Of course, that's a very big subject, and it needs to be looked at because we don't want to just do a simple rendering of it --- you know, read what happened. But in order to read it, experience and explore probably deeper meanings of what it's about, it's going to take some doing and Randall Wallace is up to the task. He is also, as well as a brilliant writer, he is a great director. He directed We Were Soldiers and Heaven Is For Real and stuff. So, he is a good writer and director.
i rewatched Passion of the Christ recently, its very brutal and raw, more so than i remembered

i remember when it originally opened at the cinema and a old lady staff i think, or someone from a chuch asked us if we wanted water before we watched it, i declined, now i would want something stronger :)

weaponx031277

The scourging scene is pretty brutal but thats what it was apparently like.

After seeing the title to this i was going to put that Family Guy clip in but someone beat me to it.

raigraphixs

Distinguished Member
No surprises sequel titled Resurrection

Gisbon;
“It’s probably about three years off, because it’s a big subject. It’s not just some chronological telling of just that event. That could be boring, and you think, ‘Oh, we read that. But what are the other things around it that happened?”

RMSadam

Banned
I have the original Passion of Christ on blu ray.. Good film..

I would definitely want to see a sequel.

Another good film that Mel Gibson directed was Apocalypto, I have that also.. That's a real authentic film, its pretty unbelievable how he used the cast..

I recon he may have used a proper tribe out of a jungle somewhere..

if you think passion of Christ was good, then I would say Apocalypto is even better...!