Result claiming under SOGA

gregster10217

Have previously posted on a different thread, bu thought I'd post here to make it clear how it went.

PS3 had YLOD failure a couple of weeks ago and read on here and other sites about making a claim under the Sale of Goods Act. I phoned HMV and they were aware of the legislation and told me to get a damage report done, and send it together with the ORIGINAL receipt and a covering letter to them for consideration.

I got the report done for £10 by a local PC repair shop near to me and sent it all off on the Thursday before the extended bank holiday break.

I had a reply today and was very pleased that it was telling me to go and get a new one from their store. :clap::smashin:

So, don't give up when your console fails. Mine was a launch day console that had a good amount of use, but thanks to this legislation, us consumers are protected against manufacturing defects.

A big thank you for all those on here for their help and advice, it's been invaluable and I would not have even known anything about SOGA if it wasn't for you.

DJSigma

Banned
What did the engineer's report say?

Fair play for standing your ground BTW. It shows that it can pay off in the end as you got a brand new Slim by only paying £10.

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom