Restricted items in hand luggage

Are these restricted?

Attachments

• 2222790_1.jpg
    2222790_1.jpg
    20 KB · Views: 54
Because they look like hand grenades or........?

Obviously being out of touch here but what are they apart from BT capable hand grenades? :)

Speaker?

Peaceful leftist grenades? Irish grenades?

i imagine so..... I think it may be pushing the limits nowadays - just a joke about having hand grenades in your luggage can get you jailed so carrying things that look like them may be viewed with a bit of scepticism by airlines. IMO if you take those on a plane you would be looking for an argument with security staff that you can't win if they take a dim view.

Might get myself one of these power things - always running out at inopportune times.

How long does it take to charge itself fully?

Flew Dublin to London to Vegas and back last week. Had my battery pack in hand luggage going out, hold luggage coming back. No worries.
Honestly lithium ion spare batteries are prohibited in checked in luggage. If the check in didn't ask if you have electronics in the check in that would be a worry for the airline procedures. If you answered no that is a worry for the baggage X-ray procedures.

You do know they don't scan all bags don't you?

Its in the crew manuals how to deal with these things if they catch fire.
The 777 batteries are a bit too big though :D

Dublin to Tenerife and back, then Dublin to London and back recently, no problems with my power banks, or numerous other gadgets I had in my lovely manbag (or man purse as my wife describes it)

I also asked was it ok to use my wireless media streamer to send films to the kids gadgets, they seemed a bit uncertain but said it was ok. Im sure someone knows about these things but realistically if mobiles or wifi could cause the plane problems, I imagine security would involve more than just asking people to change to airplane mode.

They are probably just working out how much they can charge us to use them in future :)

Honestly lithium ion spare batteries are prohibited in checked in luggage. If the check in didn't ask if you have electronics in the check in that would be a worry for the airline procedures. If you answered no that is a worry for the baggage X-ray procedures.
Don't think they asked. They told me to leave my tablet and phone out separately but that's all.

You do know they don't scan all bags don't you?
Yep. My point is merely we as passengers should be aware of the right thing to do and putting lithium ion batteries in hold baggage when it is prohibited, on the assumption the crew have a manual that tells them what to do if it it catches fire, is not he right thing to do IMO. They are prohibited in the hold of a passenger aircraft because the possible fire is a danger to passengers and they have decided that the risk is unacceptable. Whether the hold and crew have systems to put the fire out or not is not the issue. The limits in hand baggage are perfectly reasonable so as has been said throughout there will be no issues for the OP.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom