Restoring a folder after reinstall of xp.

BName

Banned
Hi yesterday i had to reinstall my windows xp o/s i forgot to save an important folder i needed and have lost it. Is it possible to get it back some how ?

Ty Mick.

Figment

Would very much depend on whether it was a fresh install including reformat and where the folder was situated.
If it was and the folder was in the windows partition then I would say there was no chance.
This is why not only backups are so important but also to keep all data on a separate partition on your hard drive which will not be affected by a reinstall.
Did you not even use the settings & folders transfer wizard to enable recovery of these items ?.
I have fallen foul of this catastrophe myself in the distant past which is why I not only do all of the above but of late I even buy a new hard drive and install to that and then don't reformat the original until the new is up and running and I am happy I have not missed anything.
So much treasured data including photo's etc are kept on drives nowadays that it is essential to take every possible precaution.

BName

Banned
Hi
I have two hard drives on my pc this one i reinstalled on that has my o/s and stuff on it and the other one i use just to store my files/folders on. Luckilly enough i havent lost alot more than i have cause most of it is saved on my other hd. The folder i forgot to save though is my internet favorites folder i had years of saved up internet sites on it and have lost them all now. I have an older one saved but its not upto date like this last one was.

Figment

Ah, pity you never used the transfer wizard then as that would have saved all your favourites.

The latest video from AVForums

Samsung QN95B 4K QLED TV Review
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom