• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Restore SMS messaages from Backup - Iphone 4

RajP

Distinguished Member
All... I have got the iPhone 4 and had a 3G prior to this. So I did a restore when I got the IP4. However, doing so, I lost the option to use Facetime as has been reported already. The only option left for me was to restore as new phone and now this has given this option back. However, I have lost all my SMS that I had. I have a backup of these but cannot find a way to restore these back. Is there a easy guide to do this? :confused:

Thanks
Raj

RajP

Distinguished Member
Release the iPhone from the dock wait a min then stick it back in and sync

I did try that multiple times but the Facetime option never came back.. hence had to do setup as new.. any other options?

mowen

Established Member
somebody also said in another thread that they had to enable it from settings. I don't actually know as i don't have min yet :mad:

RajP

Distinguished Member
somebody also said in another thread that they had to enable it from settings. I don't actually know as i don't have min yet :mad:

Thanks but mine was missing from that alltogether!!!!

RajP

Distinguished Member
You can recover them from the backup, well read them anyway.

Are you using a Mac or pc ?

Windows PC... I have the backup of the file that contains the SMS bit. I have read about this on the following link iphone sms backup export - convert your iphone text messages and contacts to PDF, CSV and XML but am not sure how I can restore them.. Have got this Where does iTunes store your text messages backup? - Hackint0sh but can't get my head around how I can hack it.. :confused:

The latest video from AVForums

Is 8K TV dead? Philips OLED+907, Pioneer LX505 AVR plus B&W 700 S3 Reviews & Visit + AV/HiFi News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom