Question Restore iCloud to old phone for holiday

drunkenjoiner

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

I am going on holiday shortly and I own an iphone 6s plus. As it is an adventure holiday I am planning taking my old 5c.

I have not used the 5c in some time and was going to factory reset it then restore from my icloud back up.but install a different sim (cheaper local sim)

Will I be able to do this, what steps and will my 6s plus still be updated and fully working back home when I return.

Kind regards

DJ

Just make sure the 5c is updated to the latest software version then restore from iCloud backup.
If your planning on using the 5c for photos then it may be an idea to turn on iCloud photo library but set it to only upload while on WiFi to prevent any unwanted data costs.
When you get back just turn on the 6s plus and use as normal.
Enable iCloud Photo Library on the 6s plus too then all the photos you took on the 5c will appear on the 6s plus too.
Edit:
One thing to make sure of first is to make sure your 5c isn't locked to a network otherwise the other sim will not work.

Thanks gonzo.
Can the 6s still be used back home? I plan to get my other half to check emails etc so as not to miss something important while having fun away with "the boys".
Kind regards
DJ

I would of thought so yes.
Did you notice the edit I made at the bottom?

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom