Restoration of the death penalty for scum like this

rickflair

Established Member
Reaction score
I bet the so called British 'legal system' will sentace Ryan Sheppard to about 8 years in prison (will be out in 4). The other vermin will do 6-12 months in a young offenders unit.

No justice for Mr Roberts family.
A teenage girl attacked a drunk man in the street then used her mobile phone to film her friend beating him to death for 90 seconds, a court heard.

Mark Roberts, 35, was left lying in a pool of blood following the 'ugly and sustained attack' in Weston-super-Mare, Somerset last October, Bristol Crown Court heard.

Ryan Sheppard, now 18, admitted murdering Mr Roberts, but a teenage girl, who can not be named for legal reasons, accused of filming the attack denies any involvement in the events leading to his death.

Mr Roberts had been walking home alone through a park following a night out with friends when he was approached by four teenagers, two girls and two boys, one of them Sheppard, aged between 15 and 17.

Mr Roberts walked with Sheppard for a short distance then said he was 'going home' and suggested the group do the same, a jury was told.

Sheppard responded by hitting Mr Roberts, causing him to fall to the floor, before one of the girls, now aged 16, allegedly ran up to him and punched him twice.

The girl then took out her iPhone and began filming as Sheppard returned to kick and stamp on Mr Roberts and repeatedly bang his head on the pavement, jurors heard.

Teenager 'attacked Mark Roberts then filmed her friend beating him to death' | Mail Online

And this is politics how?

All I see is another immature rant of yours masquerading as a thread.

I suppose Russia's so called 'legal system' is more to your liking?

The contrast of this hang 'em and flog 'em attitude to that displayed in one of your other wacko threads (US Police brutality | AVForums) condemning the shooting by secret service agents of a crazy woman ramming her car into people and breaching Whitehouse security gates, is striking.

I don't get why it's a so called legal system. It IS a legal system, whether you like it or not. So called justice? Maybe. But you pick the wrong word.

For example if it's raining where you anticipate sun you may say "This so called nice day", you can't say "This so called day", that wouldn't make sense. It would be a day all the same, as this is a legal system.

Don't complain about it here. Write to your MP. Or euro-MP. Or get an on-line petition going to change the law. Everyone here knows this kind of thing happens and that the consequences seem disproportionately light. But get the petition going and then tell us about it.

Don't complain about it here. Write to your MP. Or euro-MP. Or get an on-line petition going to change the law. Everyone here knows this kind of thing happens and that the consequences seem disproportionately light. But get the petition going and then tell us about it.

You join a discussion forum to make the point that people should not discuss things here but instead write to their MP?

I presume your post history is full of you just listing various organisations and people you've written to?

But the OP doesn't really want a discussion, just a platform for his nonsense. Even if I had no prior knowledge of his postings, this thread title alone is enough of a pointer.

Last edited:
You join a discussion forum to make the point that people should not discuss things here but instead write to their MP?

I presume your post history is full of you just listing various organisations and people you've written to?
But the OP seems to think that there is a problem with the way the offenders will be treated. The sentences that will be given out are those that are deemed suitable and appropriate for the crime, reached after many years of practice by the judicial system. And he's seems to think that the punishment won't fit the crime. His post doesn't leave much room for discussion. The system is broken, the perps will get off lightly, end of story. He doesn't invite debate, so I didn't debate, just proposed a direction for his disdain that may be more productive. If he were to ask if getting a petition going was thought to be a good idea, then we could, in general, chat about it. But its just another thread that starts with the premise that the system is broken and offers nothing else.
In my opinion.

I would make all intentional murders of this nature a full life sentence.

Life meaning until death....

I do concur with the belief that the judicial system tries to make sense of all crimes and treat them proportionately. You may have a view that this crime is worse than another or visa versa, but ultimately, you have to judge the crime based on the known facts and actual laws broken.

There well may be instances where a headline crime seems unduly lenient. But unless all the factors are taken into account, it may be hard to judge. For example a one-off may be treated differently than a serial offender. The accused may have had reasons to bear a grudge against the victim. But I'm sure there are many others.

I tend to think the greater miscarriage of justice is where an innocent person is sent to jail. Whether someone should have a larger sentence is perhaps a lesser evil.

I do concur with the belief that the judicial system tries to make sense of all crimes and treat them proportionately. You may have a view that this crime is worse than another or visa versa, but ultimately, you have to judge the crime based on the known facts and actual laws broken.

There well may be instances where a headline crime seems unduly lenient. But unless all the factors are taken into account, it may be hard to judge. For example a one-off may be treated differently than a serial offender. The accused may have had reasons to bear a grudge against the victim. But I'm sure there are many others.

I tend to think the greater miscarriage of justice is where an innocent person is sent to jail. Whether someone should have a larger sentence is perhaps a lesser evil.
The thing that really annoys me is concurrent sentences rather than consecutive sentences.
Say a person rapes/kills (manslaughter) 1 person. They get a sentence for 6 years.

Say a person rapes/kills 1 person, does 50 robberies & another 5 rapes. They get 6 years for the 1st rape/manslaughter, 6 months for each robbery, 3 years for each of the 5 rapes.
Sounds fair & like justice has been done right? Until you find out the sentences will run concurrently, which in effect means they serve just the 6 year sentence for the 1st offence.
Leaves a bad taste in the mouth. Basically gives out the message that once you've raped/robbed one person, you might as well carry on as you'll end up with the sentence whether you stop or not :thumbsdow

If the judge has judged these are the sentences that each crime deserves, then I can respect that whether I may feel it's lenient or not. But surely they should have to serve the sentence for each crime.

Last edited:
Say a person rapes/kills 1 person, does 50 robberies & another 5 rapes. They get 6 years for the 1st rape/manslaughter, 6 months for each robbery, 3 years for each of the 5 rapes.
Sounds fair & like justice has been done right? Until you find out the sentences will run concurrently, which in effect means they serve just the 6 year sentence for the 1st offence.
Leaves a bad taste in the mouth. Basically gives out the message that once you've raped/robbed one person, you might as well carry on as you'll end up with the sentence whether you stop or not :thumbsdow
That's a crap example. If someone did all that they'd never see the light of day again. It doesn't send out a message someone can rape and murder with impunity. Concurrent sentences are more likely applied for non violent offences and usually where the defendent has been cooperative. Serial killers/rapists are rarely cooperative.

Just a couple of examples from a quick google
BBC News - Philpott sentencing: Derby fire deaths duo 'good' parents
He was jailed for seven years in 1978 after repeatedly stabbing her and given a concurrent five-year sentence for stabbing her mother, causing grievous bodily harm with intent.
So the stabbing of the mother was effectively a 'freebie'?

BBC News - Colin Campbell sentenced to life for Claire Woolterton 1981 murder
He was given a life sentence and must serve a minimum of 24 years, concurrent to his current sentence
Why should this 2nd life sentence for a 2nd murder run concurrently with another life sentence he is currently serving?

I'm sure there'd be other examples out there.

But the OP doesn't really want a discussion, just a platform for his nonsense. Even if I had no prior knowledge of his postings, this thread title alone is enough of a pointer.

Enough already, you have an ignore button at your disposal so I would suggest using it....simples yeah.

Edit : you wouldn't happen to be a chartered surveyor that enjoys shooting and is married to Wendy would you ?....nevermind :).

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom