Ressurecting old motorized system

luckydip

Standard Member
Hi
I am trying to get my old mss500IP motorised system going but cannot remember where the wires go at the back. There are quite a few connectors : 0v, 5v, reed etc. Anyone got any ideas which one I need to use?

When I last used the system I left the sleeves in the connectors but someone has removed them.

Mr Jolly

Hi
What are the colours or your wires (are there 4 of them?) - I took mine in for repair yesterday and had to make a note of where they went so I may be able to help you.

luckydip

Standard Member
I used a telephone cable to wire it up (so colours will be different)but there are four wires. I am not sure what connectors to use at the back of the receiver.

Cheers

Mr Jolly

Hi
From the notes I've made there is a bank of eight spring-clip connectors on the back of my unit. The cables on mine fit in the four on the right hand side. These are coloured Green, Blue, Black and Black. Hope this is of help to you - in my case the cables that go in these connectors are White, Green, Brown and Red.

Chris Muriel

I have a Pace MSS1000IP (in the loft as a spare positioner) and the servcie manuals for MSS1000 & the postioner - which is common to both the 500 and 1000.
The outer 2 connections are for the 36 volts lines, next is reed sensor, next ground (followed by pulse &, 5V for magnetic polarisers , followed my 2 MAG terminals for mechanical polarisers).
You need the 1st 4 only for the actuator.
The 36 volt lines carry up to 3 amps and so require heavyish cable. The reed and ground terminals can be lightweight wires.

Chris Muriel, Manchester

Top Bottom