Resseh's Home Cinema

resseh

Established Member
Reaction score
its taken months of planning and then months of building but its nearly finished so thought i would post a few photos. Unfortunately the TV has problems and will need to be replaced - terrible ghosting)

Im more into games than films. Behind one of the doors near the tv is an alienware computer which seems to handle 4k gaming with no problems. Playing Warcraft on a 75" tv has been amazing.

The sword and statue is from Warcraft, and the statue at the back wall is from Starcraft.

Looks amazing and done to a high standard!

What model of tv is that out of interest? Are you replacing it with the same one?

Looks awesome
What are the room dimensions

Very nice! Are those Front Row seats?

Thanks guys! It is the Sony 75XD9405. Other people here seem to be having similar problems so I am not getting it replaced until I know Sony have fixed the problem of ghosting.

There is a front row of seats. The front row might be a bit close to the tv but there wasn't really much space.

The dimensions of the cinema part of the room is about 3M by about 4.5m. There is a false wall with 80cm inside that houses the equipment. Plus there is the bar and utility room - it used to be an annex.

There is a front row of seats. The front row might be a bit close to the tv but there wasn't really much space.
Sorry, I meant where did you get the seats from? They look like they are from the company 'Front Row', but I wasn't sure (I am in the market for new seats and they look good!)

Sorry, I meant where did you get the seats from? They look like they are from the company 'Front Row', but I wasn't sure (I am in the market for new seats and they look good!)
Aha. They were from Drinkstuff.co.uk - there is a thread somewhere on the forum about cinema seating where they were highly recommended. There are cheaper ones from other retailers but they usually have to come from China with a long delivery time whereas the Drinkstuff ones were pretty much next day. It comes with a massager/seat warmer + cupholder which cools or heats the cup, plus a compartment for remote controls. The massager is very gimmicky. The only downside, that i hadnt taken into consideration, is that they are very big.

More pics please
Also the star ceiling please

Will do - i took photos of the entire construction. so i'll update first post when i have time. (ive been without my ps4 for like 4 months whilst its been built so ive been on that every night since:D )

Will do - i took photos of the entire construction. so i'll update first post when i have time. (ive been without my ps4 for like 4 months whilst its been built so ive been on that every night since:D )
Great.
Thanks mate

Lookin goooood.. What bitz have you got ????

The hardware is :
  • Pioneer LX79 Receiver.
  • Kef T305 speakers and additional Kef speakers in the ceiling, T2 Sub and Kef T201 speakers at the rear.
  • Alienware I7 Computer with 980TI
  • Samsung 4k bluray player
  • Sony PS4
  • Xbox One
  • Apple TV
  • The Posters are fan arts of Portal 2 and the Sirens from Borderlands
  • The Statues are of Arthas from Warcraft and Kerrigan from Starcraft
There is a 16 port switch behind the false wall, however i need to run ethernet to it from the router.

Attachments

• IMG_4125.JPG
    IMG_4125.JPG
    19.3 KB · Views: 497
  • IMG_4126.JPG
    IMG_4126.JPG
    15.7 KB · Views: 493
  • IMG_4131.JPG
    IMG_4131.JPG
    17.4 KB · Views: 518
  • IMG_4133.JPG
    IMG_4133.JPG
    21.4 KB · Views: 545
  • IMG_4134.JPG
    IMG_4134.JPG
    13.1 KB · Views: 536
  • IMG_4135.JPG
    IMG_4135.JPG
    18 KB · Views: 526
  • IMG_4141.JPG
    IMG_4141.JPG
    24.6 KB · Views: 524
  • IMG_4215.JPG
    IMG_4215.JPG
    21.2 KB · Views: 526
  • IMG_4251.JPG
    IMG_4251.JPG
    24.4 KB · Views: 517
Last edited:
There was small room with a toilet/ shower etc which we had converted to a utility room which allows us to have somewhere to store popcorn maker, Statue Display cabinet etc.

Attachments

• IMG_4416.JPG
    IMG_4416.JPG
    382.9 KB · Views: 517
  • IMG_4487.JPG
    IMG_4487.JPG
    21.4 KB · Views: 499
  • IMG_4525.JPG
    IMG_4525.JPG
    28.3 KB · Views: 520
  • IMG_4605.JPG
    IMG_4605.JPG
    23.8 KB · Views: 554
  • IMG_4686.JPG
    IMG_4686.JPG
    30.7 KB · Views: 565
  • IMG_4656.JPG
    IMG_4656.JPG
    23.1 KB · Views: 570
  • IMG_4606.JPG
    IMG_4606.JPG
    24.6 KB · Views: 558
  • IMG_4609.JPG
    IMG_4609.JPG
    17.6 KB · Views: 554
  • IMG_4634.JPG
    IMG_4634.JPG
    15.6 KB · Views: 551
  • IMG_4164.JPG
    IMG_4164.JPG
    17.3 KB · Views: 534
Last edited:
I am a big fan of Philips Hue lights so i wanted those around the room, as well as a Starscape. This caused a problem as we had to have the loft hatch moved from the main room into the utility room.

Its not a massive room, so i could only fit two recliners per row. So i had to work out how high to have the riser step and how high to have the screen. Its a little bit too high for the front row, but otherwise the back row wouldnt be able to see it properly.

Ive just noticed the photos are in the complete wrong order. So i will tidy this up a bit later.

The photos for this post was how we had it previously. It also shows the bar which has a Sage Oracle coffee machine + Guinness Surger.

Attachments

• IMG_5457.JPG
    IMG_5457.JPG
    27.2 KB · Views: 491
  • IMG_5489.JPG
    IMG_5489.JPG
    20.8 KB · Views: 478
  • IMG_5511.JPG
    IMG_5511.JPG
    23.7 KB · Views: 479
Last edited:
Looks really good, just out of interest what do you think of the T-series KEF's? I'm looking at getting them although probably get a different sub.

Will

Looks really Stunning ... You must be well pleased....

Looks really good, just out of interest what do you think of the T-series KEF's? I'm looking at getting them although probably get a different sub.

Will
I love the speakers - they blend into the walls so well. I chose them for the aesthetics rather than sound quality tbh.

Probably a good idea to get another sub. It looked so weedy, that i bought another (plus i liked the symmetry of two)

Nice room lucky to have Arthas mine came with a broken cape sent it back but never got a replacement

I have two arthas statues. both off ebay - one was like £600 from spain. and a modded one with light up stand for about £250. That one i had to collect in person (about a 250 mile trip) due to how delicate it is.

The one from Spain had a broken cape, i havent reattached it yet. But its hard to see but means i will never be able to resell it. Hes lucky not to have lost a leg as i was using his leg to hold him at one point o_O

I have two arthas statues. both off ebay - one was like £600 from spain. and a modded one with light up stand for about £250. That one i had to collect in person (about a 250 mile trip) due to how delicate it is.

The one from Spain had a broken cape, i havent reattached it yet. But its hard to see but means i will never be able to resell it. Hes lucky not to have lost a leg as i was using his leg to hold him at one point o_O
theres always a buyer ;)

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom