Response Times?

Batch

I phoned Toshiba and found that the response times for the model i am looking at are:

Rise Time - 15ms to 25ms
Fall Time - 10ms to 20ms

How will these cope with gaming? Am i likely to experience smearing?

Thanks

Batch

AML

Newer LCDs that are less than 16ms wont suffer so much. My current LCD is 25 and its still ok.

Anything new thats 16 or even 8 will be fine.

Batch

Thanks, so probably a stupis questions, but what would the respinse time be of the model, based on the rise and fall figures in my first post?

Thanks

Batch

dbeamish

is it not 25-45? Dunno.. up and down makes 45 max although I that might not be the correct way to calculate it..

daxie

Standard Member
Response times mean really nothing...

Most manufacturers, albeit not all, hence the confusion, give only their minimal response time...

Possibility is that transition times for other colour values are quite different.

Images below show: (images taken from tomshardware, it's to make a point)

latency_acer_al2671w.gif

As you can see the green line is for a TV that boast a 16ms response time. As it shows it obtains that response time, but only at white-black-white. For any other transition, it has a much bigger value.
The blue line is a screen that puts 15ms in it's specs. Based on the specs you'd say 16 and 15, that's no difference. But as you can see it can be a big difference. (The blue line being much better, cause it has a more constant response time throughout all the transitions). (BTW, the blue line is from a computer screen ;-))

daxie

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom