RESOLVED - Yamaha RX-V2077 Not Showing Dolby Atmos

Osumme007

Novice Member
Hi All,

My Yamaha RX-V2077 (9.2) receiver is not showing Dolby Atmos on the display screen but it shows Dolby Digital + or Dolby TrueHD.

Setup Info: Sheild Pro and 4K Bluray player feeding to 2077 which is connected to 7 speakers; Front L & R, 2 Front presence speakers, Surround L & R and 2 Subwoofers.

The receiver config is on Basic, the sound mode is Straight. I have tested with 4k Bluray disc, Netflix, Prime and Stan content but no luck with showing Dolby Atmos. I have ordered new 4K HDMI cables to see if it makes any difference but hoping if any of you have come across this issue and can guide me.

I am a new member so I have missed any info which you would need to help me, please let me know.

Thank you in advance.

Attachments

• 3EF914AD-4A45-4BC8-A820-B086EEC49161.jpeg
    3EF914AD-4A45-4BC8-A820-B086EEC49161.jpeg
    87.6 KB · Views: 57
  • 8046F387-65BE-47EE-9D66-0F235009BAEA.jpeg
    8046F387-65BE-47EE-9D66-0F235009BAEA.jpeg
    211.3 KB · Views: 56

dante01

Distinguished Member
You don't appear to have anysurround in your setup? You'd need at least a 5.1.2 setup in order for the AV receiver to acknowledge the presence of Atmos metadata and then portray the Atmos soundtrack.

The images you've posted are inconsistent. You've the first indicating no surrounds while the fourth shows surrounds, but no presence speakers?

AS suggested, with this particular AVR, you'd need at least a 5.1.2 speaker setup in order to portray Atmos.

Your predicament hjas nothing to do with the HDMI cable.

Also ensure that your firmware is fully up to date. THis model didn't ship with Atmos and required a firmware update to enable it.

Osumme007

Novice Member
Thank you for the response
You don't appear to have anysurround in your setup? You'd need at least a 5.1.2 setup in order for the AV receiver to acknowledge the presence of Atmos metadata and then portray the Atmos soundtrack.

The images you've posted are inconsistent. You've the first indicating no surrounds while the fourth shows surrounds, but no presence speakers?

AS suggested, with this particular AVR, you'd need at least a 5.1.2 speaker setup in order to portray Atmos.

Your predicament hjas nothing to do with the HDMI cable.

Also ensure that your firmware is fully up to date. THis model didn't ship with Atmos and required a firmware update to enable it.

Thank you for your response, appreciate it :)

I have now removed the ir-relevant pictures. I can confirm that Surround L and R are connected on the receiver which in my physical setup, are connected on the rare of the seating (using them as back channels). Also, in the second pic (8046F387), receiver is able to detect the surround channels as SL and SR.

I use the set up as 7.2 (Front Right, Front Left, Center, Front Presence Right (FPR), Front Presence Left(FPR), Surround L and Surround R + Right SW1 & Left SW2)

While clicking additional pics to upload here, I realized that the FPR and FPL channels are not highlighted in Yellow (pic 8046F387) I am not sure if that is the indication that these are not recognized by the receiver but receiver produced sound in them when tested with test tone.

Note - Addition additional picture to show the setup and on Netflix its showing DD+ on receiver.

Attachments

• WhatsApp Image 2021-07-26 at 2.29.54 PM.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2021-07-26 at 2.29.54 PM.jpeg
    114.8 KB · Views: 53
  • WhatsApp Image 2021-07-26 at 2.29.56 PM.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2021-07-26 at 2.29.56 PM.jpeg
    113.8 KB · Views: 47
Last edited:

dante01

Distinguished Member
You need at least a 5.1.2 configuration. This would be a setup consisting of a front left and right speaker. a centre, 2 surrounds (not back surrounds) and to front presence speakers. as well a a sub.

Again, the images you've posted show inconsistencies.

If you've connected your surround to the BACK surround terminals then disconnect them and connect them to the terminals labelled SURROUND. Now rerun the YPAO calibration.

THis image you posted simply isn't showing any surrounds:

by default 2021-07-26 at 06.59.26.png

Not unless you've set them up as FRONT SURROUNDS? The surrounds should be depicted as being behind or slighly to the sodes of your seating location and not at the front.

If so then this is incorrect.

This is a more recent model, but the setup should look like this:

by default 2021-07-26 at 07.54.13.png

Last edited:

dante01

Distinguished Member
If the speakers are not highlighted in yellow in the output section then that denotes that they are not being engaged. THey'd only be engaged if using a DSP Program, using Dolby Surroumd or Neural:X upmixing or if processing Atmos or DTS:X encoded audio. The AV receiver would actually indicate it was receiving Atmos if receiving it. You should ensure not to apply DSP Proograms to the incoming signal if wanting Atmos. STRAIGHT should ensure this to be the case.

As far as I can tell, the AV receiver simply isn't detecting any Atmos metadata?

Here's basically what you'd see if receiving Atmos and if the STRAIGHT mode is engaged:

by default 2021-07-26 at 08.57.44.png

Last edited:

Osumme007

Novice Member
o, in the second pic (8046F387), receiver is able to detect
If the speakers are not highlighted in yellow in the output section then that denotes that they are not being engaged. THey'd only be engaged if using a DSP Program, using Dolby Surroumd or Neural:X upmixing or if processing Atmos or DTS:X encoded audio. The AV receiver would actually indicate it was receiving Atmos if receiving it. You should ensure not to apply DSP Proograms to the incoming signal if wanting Atmos. STRAIGHT should ensure this to be the case.

As far as I can tell, the AV receiver simply isn't detecting any Atmos metadata?

Here's basically what you'd see if receiving Atmos and if the STRAIGHT mode is engaged:

View attachment 1546670

Thank you so much, mate, you are a legend!!

I finally have Dolby Atmos, you were right about 5.1.2.

With this clue i did below thing:
  • Added a new certified HDMI cable
  • Ran YPSO so it detected Front presence speakers
  • Then went in configuration and change the surround to back/rare surround (it was earlier on the front surround)
  • Set DSP to STRAIGHT
  • On remote kept pressing Sur. Decode until I saw Dolby Atmos. I tested with 4k Bluray player.

The sound now is incredible!!

Attachments

• 18ABF6DC-30A0-43B0-924A-FC74A249D2F3.jpeg
    18ABF6DC-30A0-43B0-924A-FC74A249D2F3.jpeg
    180.3 KB · Views: 43
  • C8CF5C45-8E0D-4268-912D-A6D6BC585017.jpeg
    C8CF5C45-8E0D-4268-912D-A6D6BC585017.jpeg
    168.7 KB · Views: 46
  • 63103DD8-11EE-4E45-A972-5C243A413EFF.jpeg
    63103DD8-11EE-4E45-A972-5C243A413EFF.jpeg
    211.1 KB · Views: 50
Last edited:

msmanoj

Novice Member
Thank you so much, mate, you are a legend!!

I finally have Dolby Atmos, you were right about 5.1.2.

With this clue i did below thing:
  • Added a new certified HDMI cable
  • Ran YPSO so it detected Front presence speakers
  • Then went in configuration and change the surround to back/rare surround (it was earlier on the front surround)
  • Set DSP to STRAIGHT
  • On remote kept pressing Sur. Decode until I saw Dolby Atmos. I tested with 4k Bluray player.

The sound now is incredible!!
I am also facing the same issue, from my Apple TV to RXv2077,can you share me your whatsup number to my mail email removed I would appreciate if you can support to resolve this issue

Last edited by a moderator:

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Best Home Cinema Sources and B&W 805 D4 Speaker Review and more...
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom