[RESOLVED] Dolby Atmos License on Xbox Series X

Jimster71

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hi. I have the Dolby Atmos Headphones license on Windows 10. Logging into the Dolby Access app on my Series X, it says I still need to purchase it. I am using the same Microsoft account for both. Any ideas?

If you check via the store on the web do you get the install to my devices option ?

If you check via the store on the web do you get the install to my devices option ?

I do, but my series X doesn't show up in my devices. Will have to sort that out I think!

I do, but my series X doesn't show up in my devices. Will have to sort that out I think!
Have you set the Series X as your home Console ?
Worth doing that and registering it so you can download remotely especially with Games Pass if you have that.

The Dolby Access for some reason can be funny sometimes though. I purchased it via the console and still now and again it asks me to purchase it again. Only app I've had issues with.

My console was in the devices list. It is showing as an Xbox One. It is my Home Console too.
Weird, could just be an issue with the store at the moment. Some people are having issues installing games so could be all linked.

Worth maybe deleting the app and restarting the console and trying again. Assume you don't get an offer of the free trial when you load it ?

Weird, could just be an issue with the store at the moment. Some people are having issues installing games so could be all linked.

Worth maybe deleting the app and restarting the console and trying again. Assume you don't get an offer of the free trial when you load it ?

Yeah, I get the offer of the free trial, so it isn't associating with the license at all. I'll power cycle the console and see if they does anything.

In the end I went through Dolby's support page for Dolby Access

They suggested deleting the app, clearing the console cache and re-installing, but that didn't work.

They then advised I sent them the logs from the Access App on the Xbox, which I did.

They ended up sending me an Xbox store code to redeem for a Dolby Atmos Headphones license on the console.

It took a few days to sort out, but hopefully resolved now.

Just been on the dolby site as having the same issue. Says trial expires 30 sep 2021. Will try your method

Got some complete nonsense reply from dolby so binned it off. Dts x reviewed better by some sites so have gone with that instead. Very impressed and the tiny bit of lag from windows sonic has disappeared.

Got some complete nonsense reply from dolby so binned it off. Dts x reviewed better by some sites so have gone with that instead. Very impressed and the tiny bit of lag from windows sonic has disappeared.
DTS > Dolby. Is this the general consensus ? As both are on offer at the moment.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom