• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Resolutions at 60hz on a 4k tv

fliegenaffe

Posted this on the led tv forum, sorry if it's classed as a double post etc. I've got a Hisense M6600 4k tv.

i can get 60hz with 3840x2160 and 60hz with 1920x1080 but only get 30 hz on any resolution that is between these two. i am using my tv with my pc connected to it. is there a way of achieving 60hz with 2560x1440 (or any resolution near this)? I have a utility called CRU, which allows you to make custom resolutions. I created a [email protected] resolution, but it looks awful, very blurred etc.

richardb70

Distinguished Member

raymondo77

Distinguished Member
Posted this on the led tv forum, sorry if it's classed as a double post etc. I've got a Hisense M6600 4k tv.

i can get 60hz with 3840x2160 and 60hz with 1920x1080 but only get 30 hz on any resolution that is between these two. i am using my tv with my pc connected to it. is there a way of achieving 60hz with 2560x1440 (or any resolution near this)? I have a utility called CRU, which allows you to make custom resolutions. I created a [email protected] resolution, but it looks awful, very blurred etc.

Probably not much help to you, but I've had no problems hitting [email protected] on any of the 4K TVs I've had over the last 18 months or so (from LG and Sony), running Windows 10 and a GTX980ti/GTX1080ti.

fliegenaffe

Is it an ATI or GeForce card, and display port or HDMI ur using as you may need an adaptor

Thanks for replying. i managed to fix it by getting an HDMI 2.0 cable, then switching on HDMI 2.0 in the menu, then creating a custom resolution in Nvidia control panel.

Greg Hook

Moderator & Reviewer
Thanks for replying. i managed to fix it by getting an HDMI 2.0 cable, then switching on HDMI 2.0 in the menu, then creating a custom resolution in Nvidia control panel.

There is no such thing as a HDMI 2.0 cable.

fliegenaffe

Well that's what amazon reckons it is. Either way, it's the only high speed cable i have tried that has given me 60hz on all resolutions. Maybe the cable i bought actually supports the increased speed?

http://www.hdmi.org/manufacturer/hdmi_2_0/

Last edited:

ThuGLy

Yeah as op and Greg says.

HDMI 2.0b does not define new cables or new connectors. Current High Speed cables (Category 2 cables) are capable of carrying the increased bandwidth

The latest video from AVForums

Fidelity in Motion's David Mackenzie talks about his work on disc encoding & the future of Blu-ray
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom