1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Resolution

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by yoskiwoski, May 25, 2004.

1. yoskiwoski

yoskiwoski

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +19
    Hello

I am thinking of getting a projector , I have noticed that the budget machines ie the epson tw10h and the panasonic 300 have less than 720x576 pixels, which is tv res. surely if you are blowing up images you want the resolution to be 1024 x 576 (widescreen resolution) otherwise it defeats the object of it being 16x9 native.

Anyway has anyone got one of these epsons and do they think it is anygood?

2. NonPayingMember

NonPayingMember
    Previously Liam @ Prog AV

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +830
    Basically yes. If it is a 848 x 480 or similar machine then the information is downscaled, if it is a 1280 x 720 or similar machine then the image is upscaled to use the extra pixels available to round off edges better etc. It just boils down to your requirement and what you can afford. A lump of the picture won't go "missing" per se, it will just be resized to fit and will have to lose a small (as in almost un-noticable) amount of detail to do so.

Epson TW10H i've heard is very good, the TW10 i've seen and it is one of the better LCDs in that bracket (Mitsubishi HC3 being another). If the budget affords it you should keep an eye out on the Hitachi TX100 which is 1280 x 720, only justs over a grand and in stock with Hitachi this Friday. We have been hearing about this thing all week long and it seems it's gonna offer quite a lot of picture for the money (one guy over on AVSForum reckons it beats the Z2, Panny AE500 and TW200 which at the significantly lower price is one helluva claim).