Resolution update??

kingsize

Prominent Member
Reaction score
What has happened to the much promised resolution update?

I recall at launch that respawn indicated they were working on a patch for this.

Since then - silence....

I think there was an interview with one of the producers of Titanfall recently and they said something like they are still working on it and which way they want to go 900p..ish with AA or 1080p no AA (after typing that I can't find the I'm referring to but the closet thing I found was from PAX East which mentions hinting at it - The Xbox One vs. PS4 1080p debate is an unwinnable war, says Titanfall developer - GameSpot

There are also a few other things I'd like them to sort out too like screen tearing and dropped frames.

Last edited:
Anyone else get bored of this game rather quickly? There is only so far game play mechanics will go!

Anyone else get bored of this game rather quickly? There is only so far game play mechanics will go!

No, the challenges keep it fresh for me and there's the ultimate challenge when getting to Gen 10 of unlocking all challenges (not that I ever expect to achieve that).

Actually, yes.... a little. It's weird, when I play it I have a great time (and what a joy it is to play a FPS with virtually no connection/lag issues) but I don't find myself daydreaming about playing it at work, getting up early to play it or immersing myself in Youtube videos to learn new tactics, weapon stats etc. I also don't get that competitive urge I like in an online FPS, that NEED to win feeling. I don't know why though as it's superb but I did all of the above with COD (up to and including MW3) and now I find myself doing it with BF4.

If I had to hazard a guess, I'd say it's the setting - in general I find "real life" scenarios far more compelling than sci-fi. That was part of the reason I hated Blops2 and Ghosts.... that and the crap maps, crap netcode and crap community.

No. As others have said the challenges bring a different dynamic. They are quite the driving force once you're going with them. Learning new ways to play all the time keeps the game exciting.

It is such a joy to play that I don't think it is one I could get bored of.

However, I agree with the post above it feels less competitive than other shooters. I don't know if that is down to the challenges or the nature of getting a titan every few minutes, but for me the game is more focussed around pulling off difficult skills and completing challenges than it is about winning. Half the time I don't even remember if we won or lost the last game. For me this isn't a bad thing. It changes up how people approach the game for the better. I rarely come across campers on TF now for example....

Resolution... boring?

I'm not sure they should up the resolution, the game clearly struggles as it is in some hectic battles such as when there's a large number of titans on-screen.

I'm not sure they should up the resolution, the game clearly struggles as it is in some hectic battles such as when there's a large number of titans on-screen.

I noticed it last night for the first time to be honest, think there were 10>12 Titans on screen and in 1 section on that Rise map.
Was carnage and I loved it.

I'm not fussed if they up it or not tbh. With spot on gameplay and Connections I am a happy Pilot

I haven't played in over a month but it feels like I have. Resolution is fine.

They won't up the res as the game already struggles at times with frame rate and screen tearing.

Says who? I don't care if they do or not but if you know anything about programming, you would know that there's probably plenty of improvements that could be made to the code, bringing potentially massive improvements. Personally, I'd rather they concentrate on the DLC.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom