Resolution Question

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by oconnpad, Nov 4, 2005.

1. oconnpad

oconnpad

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    Guys,

Just wondering about resolution in general but especially since the new LCD projectors are 720 lines. I'm new to this so please excuse errors in phrasing etc

All the current crop are 720 lines, i plan on buying 1 of them and feeding it via component from a pioneer 575 (presume in progressive scan mode as well)

I've a mixture of PAL and NTSC DVD's. PAL are 576 lines and NTSC are 480 lines, am i correct in saying this?

So does the projector switch its output display to what it's being fed or is it a case that the projector "upscales" the 576 or 480 to fit 720?

If it upscales then is it a case some are better that others at it and or even some do 576 well but not 480 and visa versa

Thanks
    Paddy

2. PJTX100

PJTX100

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +564
    Most if not all your assumptions are correct, the PJ will upscale 480/576 to 720 if that's the native res. You are correct some do a better job than others but I don't think there's a drastic difference. I think all of them cope with PAL and NTSC no probs. I can heartily recommend the Pioneer 575 via component as I use one!

...PJ