1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Resolution question

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by Timmy C, Dec 30, 2004.

1. Timmy C

Timmy C

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +199
    I was just looking at the info. screen on my Domino 20 while playing a PAL disc from an Arcam dvd player and it reads 'Mode 50' next to Resolution. If I'm not mistaken it always read 'Mode 49' when using my Denon machine with PAL discs. Have I adjusted something by accident or is this something to do with the different machine I'm using?

Cheers

2. AD Roser

AD Roser

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +17
    The mode number indicates which display perameter the scaler has loaded. This is dependant on the input signal being received and what type - digital or analogue etc.

If the signals being received are identical the projector should load the same mode. if there are small variences in the signl then the projector will load the nearest perameter that matches the incoming signal.

Regards

Alan Roser
    Managng Director
    SIM2 UK Ltd

3. Omardris

Omardris

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Timmy,
    The Mode 50 indicates a 576p signal.
    This is quite normal for PAL DVD.
    However, the Mode 49 indicates a NTSC signal.
    I have the following problem with my Player Denon 3910 :
    If the setup (Denon 3910) for TV is "multi", the 3910 bootet with NTSC and converted PAL to NTSC. My SIM2 shows Mode 47 to 49
    This is a bug !!
    I must tightly adjust the Denon 3910 to PAL for PAL DVD. My SIM2 (HT300 XTRA H) then shows the Mode 50. No problem, because i look only PAL in Germany.
    Perhaps your Denon Player has the same problem.

A Happy New Year

PF

4. Timmy C

Timmy C

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +199
    Thanks guys! If mode 50 is correct for a PAL dvd then that's fine as that's what it shows with my current machine. I guess there was a problem when using the Denon but I no longer have that machine so I guess there's nothing for me to worry about!