Resolution Problem

btz

Standard Member
Reaction score
Not really sure if this is the right place to post this question, but since im using Vista il try:)

I got a 37" Toshiba LCD TV (1366x768) .. and a Geforce 7800 GS card. ITs been workin good until yesterday, when i decided to reinstall Vista. So i reinstalled all the drivers and so on, and was gonna change Resolution from 1024x768 (wich works fine, but that kinda kills the 16:9 aspect ratio) to 1360x768 (this worked fine just a few days ago).

but now i get a problem where i loose some of the picture, like as if the TV/Monitor was to small for that resolution.. so the edges fall out off the screen (i made a lil .jpg to show you what i mean: http://www.skumland.net/temp/avforums/lcdproblem.jpg

And the tv doesnt allow me to move/resize the picture enough to make it fit..
Iv tried with 3 different type of drivers, the one that comes with vista, the newest nvidia driver, and the previous nvidia driver. really hope someone knows whats causing this and how to fix it, cuz there has to be a way, since it worked fine a few days ago (and for a whole month b4 that )

When you did your reinstall, did you do a clean install or a repair? If a repair you can roll back with restore, even on your install you should be able to restore all the old files.

nope.. clean install.. iv done it 2 times now, just to see if the last install was bad.. but i get same problem.. and i have no idea why

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom