Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

Resolution - Games - HTPC & PJ.

Discussion in 'Desktop & Laptop Computers Forum' started by Rick1486, Apr 12, 2003.

1. Rick1486

Rick1486
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi gang - quick question for you all regarding htpc - vplhs10 via dvi.
    I've used powerstrip and set the res. to 1368 x 768 which merrily fills my screen size - however I've now installed igi2, set graphics to high quality throughout (using radeon 9700pro), but when I display on the pj at this res. the piccie doesn't fill the screen, but is pushed over to the l/h/s of the screen at what looks like 1024x768 - this is fine if I am playing it on the 15"flatron monitor also connected via vga to the graphics card but is a let down on the pj. It is also putting me off installing any other games until I get to the bottom of the problem.
    If I select the flatron as primary monitor in display properties and run at 1024x768 then it is perfect on the monitor and is placed in the middle of the pj picture, which is acceptable but obviously not as engrossing as filling the whole pj screen would be.
    I'm sure it's something silly I'm doing wrong.
    Please help!
    Cheers
    Rick

2. JSW

JSW

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +333
  3. Rick1486

Rick1486
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Yeah thanks for that - had a look and saw a lot of Yanks doing mutual back slapping, but in amongst that - if I read it right - it seems that a lot of it is down to the in game resolution and whether or not it allows custom resolutions. The other alternative seemed to be on games based on the Q3 OR Unreal II engine, to manually modify the parameters oneself in the game's system files.

Please tell me if I'm wrong or if anyone knows an easier workaround.

Cheers
    Rick

4. JSW

JSW

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +333
    Spot on.

No easier way unless the game itself supports widescreen mode such as Serious Sam 2