1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

resolution CDD question Sony TRV828

Discussion in 'Camcorders, Action Cams & Video Editing Forum' started by jessica, Jun 8, 2002.

1. jessica

jessica

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    If I film using the Sony TRV828 with the megapixel 1070 k CCD and so it claims 520 lines res, and I play back the tape through a cheaper D8 machine, will the improvement in resolution show on the playback in the cheaper machine which has a smaller CCD?
    The cheaper machine claims 500 lines, while the 828 says 520 so will the cheaper machine play back 520 lines or would it just show 500 lines.

Just a question, shooting some stuff on a friends 828, beautiful video images, noticeably better than my budget D8, but I just want to know if the added res will show up at home when I view the same tape on TV played back in my machine. Would the playback electronics be the same in both machines?

2. Wayne Moule

Wayne Moule

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +32
    The 1070k CCD would be used for high res stills.

The cheaper machine will play back it's 500 line spec.

I wouldn't have thought you would notice any difference in resolution between digital cams,as they are all around 500 lines.