Resogun

I don't seem to get close enough to do damage, but will persist :)

It goes through various stages, the 1st bit just fire backwards and tap boost away from it.
2nd stage it starts going up and down you just have to stay still and shoot and move when the red bit appears on you, boosting away helps.
3rd stage is the circles, if you zigzag up and down away from it while shooting that helps.
4th stage is twisting and fire, if you boost under it it is zig zag shaped and you can get under it into a nook and just keep firing.

Hope that helps, there isn't as many stages as that on Rookie I don't think. Plus it's kind of hard to describe!

Anyone else noticed how crap the ships look compared to everything else that's going on!

I'm on rookie and it's the 3rd stage you describe I'm struggling with, probably too eager to go in for the kill instead of waiting it out.

GTeng is a lot more offensive than I am :) (probably because he's better!) - I just use the same tactic as ozzzy and fly away in a straight line normally, in a cowardly fashion while shooting backwards. And then tap boost occasionally when I need to get ahead of the 'vertical stuff' or 'red circle stuff'. I do exactly the same for the fourth boss as well.

Done it now, cheers, I like the "completed basic training" message you get :D

I platinum'd Resogun this morning and it's easily the best launch title on either console. Utterly brilliant, frantic and beautiful.

Didn't think I'd like this...but I love it.

So addictive.

Yet also infuriating.

The good thing about it is that you never feel like you've been screwed, deaths are always down to you.

Love it, and will play it until I get the Platinum.

Plat'd this yesterday - my, my... last level on Veteran and a level of Master was damn difficult :) Loved it though! :)

After reading a few of the tips on here about the best way to keep your score high, I managed to get 15.2M on Rookie. OK, it's not fantastic but it's a huge leap from before and with a little more practice I could get way past that.

After reading a few of the tips on here about the best way to keep your score high, I managed to get 15.2M on Rookie. OK, it's not fantastic but it's a huge leap from before and with a little more practice I could get way past that.
It's all about the multiplier... that's why I suck. I just kill everything. I don't nurse stuff when it's scarce on screen. Lol

It's all about the multiplier... that's why I suck. I just kill everything. I don't nurse stuff when it's scarce on screen. Lol

Same here, I get to an empty screen and hit boost like a mad man hoping one stray enemy is still hanging around while the multiplier flashes red!

I also realised recently that one of the humans is linked to the multiplier. I'd always lose one not knowing why, turns out if your multiplier is too low when this human triggers, he's instantly lost!

Finally completed the last level on Veteran...but didn't get the trophy?

Anyone know why this is?

I did it on experienced too, and didn't get the trophy for that either.

Frustrating, as it is pretty tough.

Have you done ALL the levels - not just the last one? Not sure if that matters, but something to try perhaps?

In other news, Jumpmanjam (or similar name) - the guy who's #1 in the world on virtually all difficulties - was streaming his game the other morning (4am - don't ask I was hooked on BF4!). The man is a legend. Absolute legend. He was playing on Hero difficulty with the slow ship (Phobos?) and I picked it up halfway through but guessing he must have gone three levels without losing a life / not saving a human and his score was on three billion. :) THREE BILLION. I reckon he'd managed to keep his multiplier topped out at x100 for the majority, if not all, of that time. His reactions and gameplay were stunning.

He lost a life shortly thereafter and his score didn't increase by that much, but bloody hell. There's no way I could be that good. :)

In other news, Jumpmanjam (or similar name) - the guy who's #1 in the world on virtually all difficulties - was streaming his game the other morning. The man is a legend. Absolute legend. His reactions and gameplay were stunning.
There's no way I could be that good. :)

Thanks Sly! Call myself Tomelli on these forums to avoid the adulation.

Finally completed the last level on Veteran...but didn't get the trophy?

It may not pop if you dont do every level in one play session, with the same ship, in order.
You should be able to use the Continue, but dont swap ships or anything.

It may not pop if you dont do every level in one play session, with the same ship, in order.
You should be able to use the Continue, but dont swap ships or anything.

Oh boy really!!!

That sucks big time.

Wasting my time trying to do that last level for ages, when I needed to do all the rest in one sitting.

Have you done ALL the levels - not just the last one? Not sure if that matters, but something to try perhaps?

You can't unlock the later levels without doing the earlier ones I believe.

Not sure you need to do it in one sitting, but it's certainly more consistent.
Just do not change ships or difficulties between sittings.

eg: veteran Ferox, play two levels. Turn off. Turn on, play next level, Vet Ferox. Turn off. Then last two levels Vet Ferox.

Best bet is to do them all in one sitting.

Got them!

No need to do them in one sitting.

The reason I didn't get the 'experienced' trophy was because I had unlocked the levels by doing Veteran first.

So once I completed the 4th stage on experienced, the trophy popped up.

Similarly, completed the 5th stage on Veteran, whilst doing the other 4 stages on different days, and the trophy popped up.

On my way to the Platinum now! The 1CC is going to be tough I reckon and I shudder to think what the master difficulty trophy has in store.

Got the Platinum! :thumbsup:
Congrats?

Your first?

My one and only was MW2 on my now lost acct.

I would have gone for the ghosts plat but extinction wasn't for me.

In other news, Jumpmanjam (or similar name) - the guy who's #1 in the world on virtually all difficulties - was streaming his game the other morning (4am - don't ask I was hooked on BF4!). The man is a legend. Absolute legend. He was playing on Hero difficulty with the slow ship (Phobos?) and I picked it up halfway through but guessing he must have gone three levels without losing a life / not saving a human and his score was on three billion. :) THREE BILLION. I reckon he'd managed to keep his multiplier topped out at x100 for the majority, if not all, of that time. His reactions and gameplay were stunning.

He lost a life shortly thereafter and his score didn't increase by that much, but bloody hell. There's no way I could be that good. :)

It's easy when you know how:

did he boost once he'd activated overdrive, or press fire for the big beam i couldn't tell ? wow

I'm still really liking this game, can't help an hour session most evenings, but Experienced is a step up for me atm. So I've had to throw humans and points out of the window until I can complete all the levels, just the last one to crack and then I can move on. I do tend to play it a bit late at night and I can see my efforts disintegrate into a mess as bed beckons :)

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom