1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

resizing photo for competition

Discussion in 'Photography Forums' started by merc43, Oct 30, 2005.

1. merc43

merc43

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    after I resize photo using your link when I go to post it on the comp. page it tells me it is to large 128.0kb where limit is 120.00kb

2. kbfern

kbfern
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5,361
    You need to resize photo to below 120kb,as 128kb is to large.

After you resize it click on the thumbnail and right click on properties this will show you how large the file is.As long as its 119kb or less is should accept it for posting.

3. merc43

merc43

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    kbfern
    I have used the link to resize my photo once and it came out at 128.00kb do I have to resize the same photo twice to get it down to below 120.0kb.

I thought the link would have done it in one step to below the required limit.

Merc

4. stevegreen

stevegreen

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +984
    The link for the resizing tool should make the photo the right size, 800x800 pixels. I'm not sure it makes it the correct file size too :confused:

I'll have a word with Stuart, just to check.

I am quite happy to host pictures for the Photo comp on my webspace and embed them into your posts for you. When the comp is over and the threads are moved to the Past Entries section, I will just resize, attach and re-post.

5. kbfern

kbfern
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5,361
    merc43,what programme are you using to resize the photo,I use picasa (which is a free programme available here http://picasa.google.com/download/index.html)

Not sure what programme avforum uses to resize pics,you can always try picasa it's a very easy to use programme.

6. merc43

merc43

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I am only using the link provided in the photo competition page under Stevegreen>photo competition>link to resize utility.

My origional photo is about 538kb so it is resizing it down but just 8kb short of the required file size.

I have Photosuite 5 on computer but it can only get it down to 137kb

Merc

7. Zone

Zone

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,190
    The photo Comp has finished for this month though (see the sticky at the top of this forum to see the entries and make a vote).

Download Irfanview its a free photo imaging and editing program and you won't have any problems reducing any shot to the required size.

8. merc43

merc43

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks all for advice, will have a look at Infranview that Zone mentioned to see if is better than Photosuite 7
    Will try another time for the competition.

Merc