Resize A Batch Of Images

mrpop1

Hi all,

Does anyone know of a way of batch resizing images? A good friend of mine regularly has to resize tens to hundreds of images to make them fit a report - they're resized to 1 standard set of dimensions each time. Is there an easy way of doing this?

Although his budget doesn't stretch to a copy of Photoshop I'm sure he wouldn't mind spending a nominal amount on software if necessary.

Many thanks in advance for any help you can give.

Regards,

dave_bass5

Distinguished Member
I use this utility. Im assuming we are talking Windows here.

Image Resizer for Windows - Home

All you do is highlight the ones you want to resize and right click on them to resize. It has set sizes or you can type in your own.
Not quite a batch utility but it does as many as you want in one go without having to open another app.

shotokan101

Banned
Just had a thought - if the original image EXIF data is important for you then please check that whatever resizer you use retains that in the resized copy :)

JIm

elphesadente

Does your friend have access to MS Outlook? You can highlight all the files you want to resize in Windows Explorer and then right click, 'send to', 'mail to recipient', highlight 'make all my pictures smaller', click ok, enter their own email address, send email to themselves, receive email, click and drag all resized images back into Windows Explorer (prob a separate 'resized' folder to keep them separate).

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom