Resistance 3 - Preview Thread

Damn! Was just about to create this thread. :( Really looking forward to Resistance 3. Intrigued to see how the story will continue after the ending of the second one...:)

That's cool, I look forward to R3 already :D :D

It seemed that the Resistance franchise lost steam with R2, it sold half as well as the original and received minimal support from Insomniac in terms of DLC (even though the actual game was as good as the original - if not better).

I wonder who the lead will be after Hale's apparent demise at the end of R2? I wouldn't mind Capelli taking over.

Wise. :cool:

Insomniac and Naughty Dog my favourite developers right now. Thought both R1 and 2 were outstanding games, both would have scored higher if not for their difficulty (especially the former, which still scored around 86 metascore iirc) and the weapons are just up there with any FPS around.

R2 was my introduction to the PS3 - great game with fantastic multiplayer. Looking forward to this!

Should be a great game.

I played Resistance 1 and enjoyed the SP but didn't get along with the online and so when Resistance 2 was released I kind of dismissed it. If I liked the 1st do you think I'd enjoy the 2nd?

Woah, sweet. Didn't think there would be another after number 2!

Should be good.

Ash

I didn't get the first or second one but to be honest I didn't hate it. I heard the servers can support 60 v 60 games. :D Must be a load of lag though.

Never had lag in either game. Mind you, my network is set up properly for teh PS3/360 online so i rarely get lag bar the rare ocassions there are known issues with the games servers at that time.

I didn't get the first or second one but to be honest I didn't hate it. I heard the servers can support 60 v 60 games. :D Must be a load of lag though.

No never had any lag either...

I loved them both so really looking forward to number 3...:D

Resistance 2 was pure carnage online, was muchos fun! Whats on the next... 80 v 80? :D

Ash

I never get lag on RS2 - its great online

However, I actually think the offline campaign was better in Res1 (esp the 2 player split vertical screen), but the online stuff is far better in Res2

Some of the big battles get a bit frantic, but thats half the fun

IGN: Resistance 3 Billboard Spotted on Movie Set

A "sign" of things to come? Excuse the pun.

I would rather see a Resistance film...That would be great :thumbsup:

I never bothered with the 2nd one...don't know why as I loved the first. I think it was because I wasn't impressed with the Beta. I may have to check around for a copy of it 2nd hand to play through the single player though now ;)

I also would like to see a movies. But happy knowing there is a new game coming out :thumbsup:

Looking forward to finding out more about this. :)

Hopefully this will be rebuilt from the ground up, number 2 was a disappointment and number 1 only did so well due to lack of competition for another stellar FPS on PS3.

I did enjoy the first game but could not bring myself to finish the 2nd.

I too thought the second game was such a disappointment. Like said, they need to totally rebuild this from scratch and be a killer title

hopefully this will be rebuilt from the ground up, number 2 was a disappointment and number 1 only did so well due to lack of competition for another stellar fps on ps3.

+1

Music to my ears. R2 was superb fun. :smashin:

Admittedly not as good as the first but I still enjoyed it. BTW there's a cracking ending.

I hope what I've heard of R3 being a prequel isn't true though. I've enjoyed the story and want it to move forward not backwards.

RDB

Admittedly not as good as the first but I still enjoyed it. BTW there's a cracking ending.

I hope what I've heard of R3 being a prequel isn't true though. I've enjoyed the story and want it to move forward not backwards.

RDB

agree, although it's one way of getting round that ending you mentioned.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom