Resident Evil: Welcome to Raccoon City (Zavvi Exclusive) (4K UHD/Blu-ray Steelbook)

RedDevil85

Distinguished Member
Purchase link: Zavvi

Release date: 07/02/2022

RE_WTRC.jpg

Last edited:

ssbib

Distinguished Member
Free postage for RC is not working at the moment though. It’s a known issue.

Fillius

Free postage for RC is not working at the moment though. It’s a known issue.
I thought it was just me. I've messaged them and told them I ordered the Wayne's World Steelbook from Amazon instead because of it. We're a bit stuck for exclusives though.

ssbib

Distinguished Member
They will refund your postage they have been telling people. However I don’t think this will sell out so I will probably cancel and reorder when the issue is fixed.

ssbib

Distinguished Member
Red carpet delivery issue is now fixed. Go ahead and reorder.

Uhdmate

Saw artwork for steel along artwork cards and man i dig it! If it will be like that it's so cool. One of the best WWA in long time!

Distinguished Member
Saw artwork for steel along artwork cards and man i dig it! If it will be like that it's so cool. One of the best WWA in long time!
Can you link to this rumoured artwork?

ssbib

Distinguished Member
That looks good. I hope we get that over here.

ssbib

Distinguished Member
I’ll take that. Looks good.

ssbib

Distinguished Member
That’s a lot earlier than expected.

Dean

Probably released so soon as it did so terribly at the cinema.

ssbib

Distinguished Member
It was barely even out in the cinema. It was hard to find showings.

ssbib

Distinguished Member
Money taken for this. Hopefully it’ll be here by weekend.

Doctor Hades

Got mine today. Got to say that the steelbook and movie are disappointing. The steelbook art is fine but the matte finish just gives it a bland, dare I say it, cheap look.

As for the movie, well I love the games - I played the original on the original PlayStation and have played every game across multiple formats since, including the recent remakes of the first three games - and I was genuinely impressed by how true to the games many of the scenes are in this movie from the overall look of Raccoon City to the police station and the iconic mansion setting. It features all the characters from the first two games.

It should be a perfect Resident Evil movie, right, but somehow it just feels like an incoherent mess, like they focused on the set-piece moments and then just strung them together with no real characterisation of the main cast and a threadbare plot that anyone other than fans of the game would find baffling. And what the hell did they do to Leon S. Kennedy, who in this movie is a complete buffoon who for the first half of the movie just says the f-word a lot. In fact, the acting on the whole is this movie is terrible; I think the FMV in the original game had more believable characters and that was cheesy as hell!

Such potential... what a waste...

The latest video from AVForums

Panasonic LZ2000, LZ1500 & LZ980 Hands-on Launch Event | No QD-OLED for 2022, new 77-inch for LZ2000
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Latest News

What's new on Netflix UK for June 2022
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Triangle announces new wireless Borea Active bookshelf speakers
  • By Ian Collen
  • Published
Cleer Audio announces Arc earbuds
  • By Ian Collen
  • Published
iFi Audio launches new Go bar portable DAC/headphone amp