Resident Evil Village

VastGirth

Finished this last night and really enjoyed it. It was nicely different from 7 and I really liked the classic horror inspired baddies. I was a bit worried it would be too action heavy, but it was fine. Most of the action heavy stuff was towards the end and was a nice change of pace by that point.

There was plenty wrong with it too. Janky AI, annoying inventory, mostly not that scary (a few bits were proper terrifying), but it was so nice to play a well crafted single player experience devoid of pointless busy work.

I still like 7 better though.

caz2005

I’ve still to get this but I’m really looking forward to it.

I read that it’s more action-y because the feedback they received on 7 was that it was too scary........ I thought that was the point in a RE game. o_O

anlygi

I love Resident Evil but I'm being tight on this one and waiting until it drops a bit, I've no shortage of other stuff to play!

MooCow

Similar thoughts to myself.
It is more "action" based than 7 was, but then it is also less "jump scare" nonsense.
I very much enjoyed it but it did feel a little short - think it was 9 hours play time for me and that was with exploring as much as possible though I still missed a lot of secrets judging by my achievements list (played it on Xbox Series S)
The busy work as you put it seems to have been tacked on in the way of the endless unlocks that you can get through the unlocked game modes after completing ;)

I am still surprised they managed to keep so much of it under wraps though - everything shown in early previews and the like has been about the castle which is only one element of the game, though it did feel like the biggest of the sections and best areaIMO.

VastGirth

I never play newgame+ so if the grind is there then it doesn't affect me :). If your going to have it then that seems a reasonable place to put it as people who play newgame+ obviously want more of the same.

According to Steam it took me 14 hours, according to the game it was closer to 10. Either way i was fully satisfied with the experience when the credits rolled.

I was very pleased the other lords were kept under wraps. Much better going into these things knowing nothing. My favourite was the doll one, that baby was fricking terrifying. Probably the only genuinely scary part of the game.

GingerRocky

just finished this and loved it. looks cracking in 4k ultra with my 3090 i have to say. i missed a few bits of treasure, can you go back and get all the loot that you missed without playing any of the bosses etc?

also played the mercenaries side game, it was ok.

GingerRocky

Finished this last night and really enjoyed it. It was nicely different from 7 and I really liked the classic horror inspired baddies. I was a bit worried it would be too action heavy, but it was fine. Most of the action heavy stuff was towards the end and was a nice change of pace by that point.

There was plenty wrong with it too. Janky AI, annoying inventory, mostly not that scary (a few bits were proper terrifying), but it was so nice to play a well crafted single player experience devoid of pointless busy work.

I still like 7 better though.
i thought 7 was awesome, especillay in VR, proper scary. this had a lot to follow but i thought it was good.

The latest video from AVForums

Samsung HW-S60A + LG SP8YA soundbar & KEF LS50 Wireless II Reviews: Movie & TV Show News & Reviews
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom